List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Great news about the boy soccer players.

Banned
    Liked

Re: Great news about the boy soccer players.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    So why does frequent read my posts if he is not interested, or does he do so to make another insane comment about a poster
    It is impossible to be accurate if the news outlets do not agree. Frequent is expecting professional reporting that matches his incredible sense of his own importance to this board. He is the only person that believes that.
    I don't expect accurate reporting from news agencies, all of whom are vying for their own angle using what they hope are their own exclusive sources. "Professional" is a vastly over-rated word. As for my sense of importance, I suggest you take this up with the Moderators

Liked

Thai cave rescue.: Adelaide cave-diving doctor Richard Harris missed holiday to help operation

A ful report of the Doctor who was asked by London to join the rescue team

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-09/thai-cave-rescue-adelaide-doctor-highly-skilled-colleague-says/9957074?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Banned
    Liked

In the last few days whilst searching several tv live networks and the various print outlets, there was confusion as to what was going on. Even today Tuesday morning, clashing reports as to whether the weakest boys or strongest were bought out first.
    Next some papers say nobody is allowed to know boy's names ,but other papers have the names, photos and details of their first meals.
    CNN newscast stated no ambulances had arrived at the hospital ,yet another station showed the choppers arriving with a boy being transported. Obviously the distance between the landing zone caused the complications.

So why does frequent read my posts if he is not interested, or does he do so to make another insane comment about a poster
    It is impossible to be accurate if the news outlets do not agree. Frequent is expecting professional reporting that matches his incredible sense of his own importance to this board. He is the only person that believes that.

Guess we now know more of frequents accurate reporting.
    As I say, lonely, take it up with the Mods. I've already taken one of my own posts up with them, based on your reaction, so I expect you to pull your weight here

Liked

just arrived from Guardian live.1330 AEST They seem more accurate than other news outlets
    The first four boys to be rescued have now seen their parents, and the other four will likely see their parents today, Michael Safi is reporting from the scene.

The reunification was from a distance however - the boys are in hospital and only saw their parents through glass.

Health officials have in the last few minutes provided an update on the state of the boys. The boys are generally health and safe, doctors said, but two are receiving treatment for “minor” lung infections.

It will be at least seven days before they are discharged from hospital

We’ll have further details about the boys’ medical conditions shortly, from our reporters in Thailand. doctors are setting up a phone line so the boys in hospital can speak with their parents.

From the information given by health officials, we are getting a clearer idea of who is out of the cave.

It would appear the youngest child, Chanin Wiboonrunreung, and the coach, Ekaphol Chantawong, are still inside.
    Last edited by lonelywombat; July 10th, 2018 at 11:00.

Liked

Re: Thai cave rescue.: Adelaide cave-diving doctor Richard Harris missed holiday to help operation

Why don't you just put this post (and all others) into your main topic. Why flood the board with your beloved copy&pastes with never ending 'stuff' which in essence is the same on-going story?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

6. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (July 10th, 2018)

Liked

Two of the rescued have suspected lung infections, Thai officials say. The boys have been quarantined while they’ve been tested for the lung infection histoplasmosis - also known as cave disease - which can be fatal if left untreated. All eight of the rescued boys are on IV drips and are being treated with anti-biotics.
    The Wild Boars coach is still in the cave, health officials have confirmed, saying the boys who have been taken out are aged 12 to 16. Coach Ekkapol Chantawong was reported to be in weak health after giving his share of the team’s meagre food supplies to the boys.
    AFP is reporting that rescuers are confident they can bring out all five of the remaining young Thai footballers trapped inside the flooded Tham Luang cave complex today.

van Karadzic, a Danish diver who is part of the rescue team, has described the feat of the “incredibly strong” young boys in diving out of the cave.
    “No kid has cave dived like this before,” he told the BBC, and told NBC that anyone who had not cave dived before would find the experience “extremely fearful.”
    Asked how he felt when he saw the first boy being bought toward him, he said: “I was very scared. I didn’t know if it was a casualty or a kid. It didn’t feel good.”

Mr Karadzic said that, thanks to water pumps, it was easier by the hour to get in and out of the cave.
    However, he said: “They’re diving in something considered an extremely hazardous environment with no training in zero visibility, the only light that is in there is the torch light we bring ourselves. We were obviously very afraid of any kind of panic from the divers. Then there is multiple equipment malfunction as you can imagine.

“I can’t understand how cool these small kids are, you know?
    “Thinking about how they’ve been kept in a small cave for two weeks, they haven’t seen their Mums. Incredibly strong kids. Unbelievable almost.

Liked

Re: Thai cave rescue.: Adelaide cave-diving doctor Richard Harris missed holiday to help operation

I put in as a stand alone topic for those who wanted to read. I had requests so did so.
    I can understand your impatience not seeing your posts on the forum
    But you do not have to open my posts just so you can complain again and again
    put me on ignore so you have one less to complain about
    Find another subject like dumbest photoes of you and your old man to keep us agog.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (July 10th, 2018)

Liked

Final mission underway
    Thai authorities have confirmed today’s rescue mission began at 10.08 this morning (local time)[3 hours ago] with 19 divers going in.

Despite the heavy rain overnight, conditions in the cave haven’t changed much.

Michael Safi reports there was applause in the room as the rescue chief announced the four boys and their coach will be brought out in the one mission

Liked

I put in as a stand alone topic for those who wanted to read. I had requests so did so
    Wait, you had people send you PMs / e-mails asking you to continue making new threads every time there was a new twist in this ongoing story, because they are apparently incapable of using Google, or?

12. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (July 10th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

If people want to know what's going they can do what I do - have the following links at my fingertips -
    http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/
    http://www.khaosodenglish.com/