Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Vietnamese in bars

Liked

Re: Vietnamese in bars

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Even arranging things in the bar beforehand is, in my experience with Vietnamese guys, no guarantee he'll conform to the agreement one in the room.

The last guy I offed promised me the world but in the room he didn't want to touch me and wouldn't let me touch him.

The story I heard from some Vietnamese boys in Scorpion Bar is that the Vietnamese money boys all come from the same region of Vietnam, just out of Hanoi. A couple of guys came to Bangkok first to see what work prospects were like and then sent back glowing reports, so other boys followed them. These days I'm sure they come from all over the country but I've only ever met boys who say they come from near Hanoi.

They probably learnt early on that they can get away with the minimum of service because they are in high demand. They are light-skinned - usually a big bonus in Asia - and generally smaller and cuter than the locals. Every Vietnamese guy I've seen in the bars has a beautiful swimmers body. They know that there will always be plenty of punters who will go gaga over them. It's similar to the bar stars who are often poor performers, in my experience. They know how desirable they are so they feel they can get away with just the bare minimum of effort.

I also think straight Thai money boys are more able to have gay sex. They are up for anything whereas the boys in Scorpion, who I spent many nights over many holidays chatting to, made it abundantly clear to me that they were straight. It's not something you tend to hear from the locals. They were always eager for an off but only a chuck-wow was on offer.

If they are straight and unwilling to perform they should find alternative ways fine making a living.

Liked

As long as some customers are dumb enough to pay them off after a non-performance, they can muddle on.

If every single customer who is a victim of such scams either kicked them out or called hotel security to do the job, they would have to either quit or offer some service.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 12th, 2018), francois (July 8th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    As long as some customers are dumb enough to pay them off after a non-performance, they can muddle on.

If every single customer who is a victim of such scams either kicked them out or called hotel security to do the job, they would have to either quit or offer some service.

Noone can argue with your logic. I certainly can't.

But I don't think I'm necessarily being "dumb" - sometimes the heart overrules the mind.

We are all wired differently.

Liked

"dumb"? Not only are we all wired differently but some of us are risk adverse. Prostitution is actually illegal in Thailand. Why would I call the police over the price of a good dinner?

Liked

The story I heard from some Vietnamese boys in Scorpion Bar is that the Vietnamese money boys all come from the same region of Vietnam, just out of Hanoi. A couple of guys came to Bangkok first to see what work prospects were like and then sent back glowing reports, so other boys followed them. These days I'm sure they come from all over the country but I've only ever met boys who say they come from near Hanoi.

They probably learnt early on that they can get away with the minimum of service because they are in high demand. They are light-skinned - usually a big bonus in Asia - and generally smaller and cuter than the locals. Every Vietnamese guy I've seen in the bars has a beautiful swimmers body. They know that there will always be plenty of punters who will go gaga over them. It's similar to the bar stars who are often poor performers, in my experience. They know how desirable they are so they feel they can get away with just the bare minimum of effort.

I too have spent hours in Scorpian. Yes, for the light skin beauties....... I understand that Hanoi and the north are the poorest areas. Thus, they come to Bangkok. While they drive me crazy but they do, in my ezxperience, allow smoking - of them only. The real issue is kissing but pecks on the cheelk have been graciously allowed.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Asia Traveler (July 8th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Noone can argue with your logic. I certainly can't.

But I don't think I'm necessarily being "dumb" - sometimes the heart overrules the mind.

We are all wired differently.
    The more these boys are still paid for their poor performers, they will continue not to give a better service.

If they can't give a proper service, we should not off them. Simple.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 12th, 2018), goji (July 9th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    The more these boys are still paid for their poor performers, they will continue not to give a better service.

If they can't give a proper service, we should not off them. Simple.
    When I started this thread my real question was to understand why Vietnamese boys did not seem to conform to standard Kinsey linear sexual identity. Some should, indeed, be so straight that they would gag at being touched by a man, some would be willing to be gay for pay with restrictions such as no anal. The numbers should continue all the way, through bisexual, to gay - totally gay. I just have not found a single one to allow even rudimentary conformance.

I would add that the ones I've been with I wanted to be with and paid them understanding the issues, thus they deserved their pay. I did not feel cheated. I do, however, remain confused as to their clustering at the far end of the Kinsey line. Is it a matter of face, sice they all seem to live in shared quarters would they be cast out? That's what confuses me.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    When I started this thread my real question was to understand why Vietnamese boys did not seem to conform to standard Kinsey linear sexual identity. Some should, indeed, be so straight that they would gag at being touched by a man, some would be willing to be gay for pay with restrictions such as no anal. The numbers should continue all the way, through bisexual, to gay - totally gay. I just have not found a single one to allow even rudimentary conformance.

I would add that the ones I've been with I wanted to be with and paid them understanding the issues, thus they deserved their pay. I did not feel cheated. I do, however, remain confused as to their clustering at the far end of the Kinsey line. Is it a matter of face, since they all seem to live in shared quarters would they be cast out? That's what confuses me.
    When you are in Soi Twilight in January 2019 paborn, I recommend that you take a notebook and pen or a tape recorder, a huge wad of 100 Baht banknotes and interview a good cross section of the Vietnamese boys and put to them the various questions you listed above. Perhaps you could take ChristianPFC along with you to act as an interpreter. Actually, Christian may well have already conducted his own survey, so I would check with him first.

That is the only way I feel we are ever going to get to the bottom of this matter, which is obviously of some importance to you. If all goes well, I might also find myself in Bangkok in January and, if acceptable, I would willingly accompany you and Christian.

Hmmm . . . I wonder if ‘my’ guy from 2013 is still working at Scorpion Bar. Probably not, he has no doubt returned to Vietnam, built himself a splendid house with all his earnings from us punters, got married and has two beautiful children by now.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    ..I wonder if ‘my’ guy from 2013 is still working at Scorpion Bar. Probably not, he has no doubt returned to Vietnam, built himself a splendid house with all his earnings from us punters, got married and has two beautiful children by now.
    Alternatively he became a crystal meth addict, jumped off a high building whilst believing he was indestructible and "spread himself" over a large area of pavement.

That doesn't reflect on you of course - but depressingly it's far more likely than the rose-tinted vision you've painted

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Alternatively he became a crystal meth addict, jumped off a high building whilst believing he was indestructible and "spread himself" over a large area of pavement.

That doesn't reflect on you of course - but depressingly it's far more likely than the rose-tinted vision you've painted
    Oh, I am so glad you added that your alternative version of how he might have ended up wasn't as a result of anything I said or done scottish-guy.

And sorry scottish-guy, but my "rose-tinted"/ Little House on the Prairie version, wasn't meant to be taken seriously and I thought that was obvious. Perhaps I should have added a wink emoji to emphasise the point.