Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Vietnamese in bars

Liked

Re: Vietnamese in bars

I know this sounds silly, but I tend to just trust people - a legacy of living in Japan I think, where I've never met a dishonest person. Incredible, I know, but true. That's not to say there are no dishonest people in Japan; of course there are but it was something I never gave a second thought to. I could give countless examples of their honesty.

In my days as a butterfly in Thailand I had many total strangers come back to my room. Valuables were kept in the safe, but nothing outside the safe was ever stolen. Perhaps I was just lucky.

The only incidence of theft I've come across in Thailand was when a boy in a massage place in Pattaya stole my very expensive watch after I'd left it behind. I went straight back to get it but in those few minutes it had magically disappeared.

We have to be responsible for our possessions and in that case, I wasn't. I only realised once I was on the plane that I was still wearing it. Normally I bring a cheaper watch which, if stolen or lost, would not bother me.

Also, it was my fault for leaving it behind.

Overall, I find the Thai boys very honest.

2. 7 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 5th, 2018), Faranglaw (July 16th, 2018), Jellybean (July 6th, 2018), llz (July 6th, 2018), Oliver2 (July 6th, 2018), paborn (July 5th, 2018), TaoR (July 5th, 2018)

Liked

I agree, I take the same precautions and have never had an issue. Over many years treveling in Lattin America there were times that, no matter how well secured, something would be stolen. Camera and money in the safe?? Ok, I'll take a bottle of cologne. Something, anything - so when I say that nothing has ever been disturbed in Thailand I mean it.
    By the way, my ciurrent travel watch was chosen by typing, "cheap plastic watch" into Amazon.

Liked

Why do your guys still use a watch these days no we all have a mobile phone? Haven't used a watch in ages. I just look at my phone.

5. User who gave Like to post:

llz (July 6th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I seldom use a mobile, either at home or in Thailand. I prefer 100 bht watches from Second Road. Never buy a battery, just a new watch.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    Why do your guys still use a watch these days no we all have a mobile phone? Haven't used a watch in ages. I just look at my phone.
    Watches are a fashion accessory, in addition to recording the time. Some people have a sense of style, others don't.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Jellybean (July 6th, 2018), paborn (July 6th, 2018)

Liked

it's also so much easier to glance at a watch then to pull out a phone and announce your checking the time. Some people have discetion, others don't.

10. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 12th, 2018)

Liked

A watch is visible with a quick rotation of the wrist. A phone has to be got out of my pocket, so more work. I use one of those reliable old Casio watches, so no one will be interested in stealing that.
    Steering back to the topic, whatever type of watch I wear, it's still not going to get those Scorpion boys into a passionate sex session.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (July 6th, 2018)

Liked

it's still not going to get those Scorpion boys into a passionate sex session.
    Truth!

I used to wear Casios but they have the hardest interface to understand and the manuals worthless. A simple analog for me.

Liked

I've always considered that a pocket watch on a chain and worn on the waistcoat cannot be beaten for a sense of drama and suggestion of important business to sttend to. Not practical in Pattaya perhaps.

Banned
    Liked

Typical Vietnamese money boy profile in Bangkok on Grindr - note the request for "English please". Photoshopped profile pic. Almost certainly staying in the Oasis Apartments on Silom 3 - I think they must have a permanent room or two there:

VMB.jpg

16. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 12th, 2018), TaoR (July 7th, 2018)