Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vietnamese in bars

Liked

Vietnamese in bars

I introduce this topic with some trepidation. I've read posts going back over the last year or two that mention Vietnamese guys and we wander off topic very deeply; going from ethnicity to nationality. Throwing in Canbodians and who is cuter, darker, slimmer, whiter, etc. One thing, however, was a constant theme ( with a nod to Aresenal there are a few exceptions ) and that is that Vietnamese bar workers won't kiss, hardly touch, like to come and run. While I have had a few good ones, find them very atractive I have yet to find even one who will kiss. I too prefer others.

My question is: why? Why do they uniformly seem to be so unresponsive. Even if they're "straight for pay" one might expect them to adapt to their chosen work.

2. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 4th, 2018)

Liked

Re: Vietnamese in bars

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    I introduce this topic with some trepidation. I've read posts going back over the last year or two that mention Vietnamese guys and we wander off topic very deeply; going from ethnicity to nationality. Throwing in Canbodians and who is cuter, darker, slimmer, whiter, etc. One thing, however, was a constant theme ( with a nod to Aresenal there are a few exceptions ) and that is that Vietnamese bar workers won't kiss, hardly touch, like to come and run. While I have had a few good ones, find them very atractive I have yet to find even one who will kiss. I too prefer others.

My question is: why? Why do they uniformly seem to be so unresponsive. Even if they're "straight for pay" one might expect them to adapt to their chosen work.
    I dated a Vietnamese boy once. At the end of our first date, and aware of the Vietnamese hesitancy in respect of kissing, I asked him if I could kiss him on the cheek. He smiled, nodded and bent over!

4. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (July 3rd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    One thing, however, was a constant theme ( with a nod to Aresenal there are a few exceptions ) and that is that Vietnamese bar workers won't kiss, hardly touch, like to come and run. .
    Try the Vietnamese flower sellers instead. Never had a problem.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Try the Vietnamese flower sellers instead. Never had a problem.
    Clearly you don’t suffer from hay fever.

I once bummed the local butcher’s boy during his lunch hour - handling all that meat day in day out seemed to affect him

I have only had fun with one Viet boy and kissing was never a problem once i had him strapped to the table with the harness on him - this may be where youre going wrong

Liked

Sorry, Gerefan2, but your allusion escapes me. Does "flower seller" connote something I'm missing?

Liked

Occasionally Viet men kiss properly. I have one 'on the go' at the moment. I can't argue with the general drift of what you are saying, Paborn. But I find Viet men butcher, sexier and funnier than most Thai men. I ponder on whether it is the lure of the 'straight' man at work. Of course some are more bi than others so it's a case of searching them out. The hunt continues.

Liked

My only experience of meeting a Vietnamese boy, paborn was during a visit to 'Soi Twilight' in Bangkok in November 2013.

I have found one of my old trip reports and copied an extract below. As it was posted on the old forum, before switching to the current Sawatdee, every time I used certain punctuation marks they were replaced by various strange type characters, which I have had to remove and replace so that my old report is readable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    PART 2

Second visit to soi bpratuu-chai (soi Twilight)

A week later, after another dinner in Silom soi 6, I returned for a second visit to 'soi Twilight' with ChristianPFC.

As we approached Dick's Bar, he introduced me to another forum member, who was sitting with his boyfriend. It's nice to put a face to a fellow poster.

We ended up at Scorpion Bar again, but unfortunately, Christian could not stay long as he had a prior engagement. But what to do and where to go? I pondered as I sat at the bar. Again I watched the various boys and masseurs walking up and down the soi, but none of them were attracting my interest.

A mamasan from New Classic Bar came across and asked me to his bar as, he put it, I hadn't been there for some time, which was true. But I declined, I just didn't feel like going into a go-go bar, which was odd in itself, as I'd been away for 6 months.

Crikey! Why couldn't I see anyone who interested me? Where was my mojo?

I was the only customer at the bar, then another fa-ràng turned up and seemed to attract a lot of attention from the Vietnamese boys who flocked to him. Then one of the Vietnamese boys picked up my copy of the magazine Thai-Puan and, after browsing through it, came back to me and drew my attention to an article on Vietnamese cooking. Hmm . . . ah yes, very interesting I thought, in a very detached way.

Then I looked a bit more closely at the boy and thought, actually, he is really quite cute in a Jack-the-lad sort of way. So I bought him a drink and we chatted intermittently in my very basic, pidgin Thai.

At one point I thought he asked me in Thai if I liked dogs and cats. "Yes, I like dogs, but not cats, I'm allergic to them." I replied."

"No, no, no!" said the mamasan or manager, "He asked, Do you like to EAT cats and dogs?" "No, I don't!" I said most unequivocally. Apparently the 'boy' said, "Neither do I." Hmm . . . I wonder if this was some sort of test. What an odd question.

I think I then detected some interest in me from the 'boy', or was he simply desperate for money? LOL! Anyway, I asked if he was off-able or was he just there for show. The boy was asked and I was very pleasantly surprised to hear that he agreed to go with me.

We got the grumpiest, most curmudgeonly taxi driver to ever hold a Bangkok taxi driver's licence on the way back to my condo. He refused to follow my directions and those of the 'boy' (who repeated what I had said) and ended up having to take two U-turns because he was going in the wrong direction! He reminded me of the Bangkok taxi driver I had the misfortune to choose who didn't know the way to Suvarnabhumi Airport . . .but that's another story!

Ah! not a good start, I thought and wondered what my new friend was thinking? But he laughed it off and said, "kao aa-rom-mai-dii" (he grumpy) when we got out of the taxi and walked into my apartment block.

My new friend went immediately to the bathroom and showered. Oh my God! what a vision he looked when he emerged wrapped only in a bath towel! Unfortunately, he smoked, so I found an ash tray for him, pointed him in the direction of the fridge where he helped himself to a drink and I left him on the balcony while I went off to shower.

Afterwards . . . I felt in seventh heaven! This was the feeling I was looking for and thought I had lost! But why with this particular boy? When he is so obviously straight. But he had truly lifted my spirits and he had done everything I expect from a paid for sex partner. I had anticipated the most basic of performances and several "No can do" responses. I had even had my doubts about bringing home yet another straight, gay-for-pay guy when there were so many able and willing gay guys available. But he turned out to be the perfect choice. I had no complaints whatsoever.

Back on the balcony and drinking a couple of beers together he wanted me to take photos of him. Bugger! My camera wouldn't work, I'd forgotten to charge the battery!

He then surprised me and said, "You come bar tomorrow. Take me? Me, boyfriend you, me boyfriend you OK? I love you, I love you!" Then he gave me a great big hug. Blimey! I didn't expect that reaction. But what's that old expression when dealing with prostitutes? Believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear. Yes, how very true, I thought. I've been around the gay sleaze pots of Thailand far too long to go believing any of this is real.

In the kitchen he indicated that he wanted to cook a Vietnamese meal for me at a later date. Oh, actually, that part sounded quite sweet, even romantic and at least I'll know for sure there won't be any cats or dogs served up! LOL!

How to explain his perplexing behaviour? Maybe he thinks he's found his 'cash cow'? Maybe he has? Ah well, perhaps he has for a week or two.

So after paying him, we said our fond farewells, with me promising to see him again and take photos, which he can then show to his friends.

Well, at the very least, I think I've found my mojo again!

To be continued . . .

10. 9 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (July 4th, 2018), arsenal (July 4th, 2018), Aux1010 (July 10th, 2018), bobsaigon2 (July 3rd, 2018), christianpfc (July 12th, 2018), dab69 (July 4th, 2018), paborn (July 4th, 2018), searcher (July 4th, 2018), TaoR (July 4th, 2018)

Liked

Well my only experience of Vietnamese is in Vietnam with boys working in the massage parlours and I have been very satisfied with the service offered. As in Thailand I'm upfront about what I want and what I'll tip and that sorts out the business beforehand so then it's all pleasant and relaxed.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Blacktouch (July 4th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Well my only experience of Vietnamese is in Vietnam with boys working in the massage parlours and I have been very satisfied with the service offered. As in Thailand I'm upfront about what I want and what I'll tip and that sorts out the business beforehand so then it's all pleasant and relaxed.
    You are completely right. That's the best way forward. Arrange everything beforehand. The do's and don'ts?

If you do this beforehand, 95% of the time no problem.

There are loads of guys who see someone they like, and arrange the fee and off they go. No mention of what they want or what the guy does? I've see this time and time again with my own friends. And I've read about it on here.

14. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 4th, 2018)

Liked

Even arranging things in the bar beforehand is, in my experience with Vietnamese guys, no guarantee he'll conform to the agreement one in the room.

The last guy I offed promised me the world but in the room he didn't want to touch me and wouldn't let me touch him.

Why do they uniformly seem to be so unresponsive
    The story I heard from some Vietnamese boys in Scorpion Bar is that the Vietnamese money boys all come from the same region of Vietnam, just out of Hanoi. A couple of guys came to Bangkok first to see what work prospects were like and then sent back glowing reports, so other boys followed them. These days I'm sure they come from all over the country but I've only ever met boys who say they come from near Hanoi.

They probably learnt early on that they can get away with the minimum of service because they are in high demand. They are light-skinned - usually a big bonus in Asia - and generally smaller and cuter than the locals. Every Vietnamese guy I've seen in the bars has a beautiful swimmers body. They know that there will always be plenty of punters who will go gaga over them. It's similar to the bar stars who are often poor performers, in my experience. They know how desirable they are so they feel they can get away with just the bare minimum of effort.

I also think straight Thai money boys are more able to have gay sex. They are up for anything whereas the boys in Scorpion, who I spent many nights over many holidays chatting to, made it abundantly clear to me that they were straight. It's not something you tend to hear from the locals. They were always eager for an off but only a chuck-wow was on offer.

If they are straight and unwilling to perform they should find alternative ways fine making a living.

16. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 12th, 2018)