Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleep clinics in Bangkok?

Sleep clinics in Bangkok?

Am I holding my breath until my next trip to Thailand or suffering a bad case

of sleep apnea?

Anyway, as I'm getting older (45) now, my sleep is less and less peaceful

and restful. I'm seeing lots of reports about how sleep apnea can lead to

heart attacks and death.

Are there approaches to sleeping ills that our uniquely Thai?

Any sleep clinics associated with hospitals or otherwise that you know of and

that accept the farang?

Sweet dreams.

</p>

Re: Sleep clinics in Bangkok?

I recommend the muscle show at Tawan Bar

__________________________________________________ ______________________

"Is that a hydra?" called Hedda from the doorway. "There's no such thing", said her mother firmly. "Daddy and I were just making the beast with two backs. Go to bed." But Hedda was scarred for life - Jane Austin, Memoirs of a Loss Adjuster</p>

Bumrungrad has the facilities you need. Unfortunately, they will also try to sell you a CPAP machine at three times what it costs in the US. There's nothing stopping you from buying one elsewhere, though, if it turns out you need it.

</p>

Liked

I had a sleep study done at Bumrungrad Hospital and was quite satisfied. I was informed that my problem was not quite severe enough to require remediation.

I have found that most items manufactured outside the country (autos, computers, etc.) are much more expensive than in the West. Import duties? Corruption?

</p>

Re: .

In the case of the CPAP devices, import duties and the fat commissions the distributors pay to the doctors for prescribing them. Much better to take the doctor's prescription and buy the thing off the internet in the US, if you need it.

</p>

You may want to consider having a uvulaplasty done. I suffered with apnia for years until I got tested at a hospital in New York. They tried me on the CPAP with very limited success. It was a minor surgery and now I can sleep a full night without making the kind of frightening noises that would scare away the dead.

</p>

Over the last couple of months i was waking up in the middle of the night gasping for breathe.When i was last in thailand my BF and some boys i offed that stayed the night use to tell me that i snored very very loud.So i went to see my local doctor and he advised to lose weight and exercise,try to do running at least 5km a day plus weightlifting.

</p>

When you woke up gasping for air, you didn't find your BF hovering over you holding a pillow, did you?

</p>

Actually, I did notice my BF keeps insisting we need firmer pillows.

You see why I want to find an ancient soul for my BF, so I don't have

to worry about stopping breathing before he does?

Actually, I don't snore as far as I know. I'm in great shape

physically. I don't gasp for air. I just don't breathe.

I'd make a great mannequin.

</p>

My DR told me that most sleep Apnea patients he saw were overweight.Exercise.lose weight he told me.Are you all overweight.You should be lifting weights.One hour a day walking,lifting weights,will fix this problem my Dr says.

I will start next Monday.

</p>