List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This venue up for sale looks VERY familar!

Banned
    Liked

Re: This venue up for sale looks VERY familar!

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    By drug criminals, do you mean those who shoplift Anusol, Mogadon, sterafix and Milk of Magnesia from Boots the Chemist?
    I was thinking peddlers of tobacco (nicotine is more addictive than heroin - google it if you don't believe me) and alcohol (major cause of domestic abuse - again, google it)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    I can't see a buyer parting with £1,000,000 for the purchase of the Venue. I am fond of the hotel and of the show (despite the number of lipsync kathoeys) but 1M ?? It will, I believe, find a buyer - at the right price.
    It's actually USD not GBP but still outrageously priced

Liked

At a price of 1 million usd the return on investment adjusted for risk would need to be about 20-30%assuming a long term lease - not a purchase. At a required 20 return on investment the business would need to generate 200'000 usd profit a year. To generate 200,000 usd profit the gross sales would need to be 500,000 usd assuming a 40% gross margin. I have no idea if that business generates close to that level of revenue.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Are there any gay men who go to shows to see lip-syncing khatoeys? Or do they, like me in the days of Copa, go to watch the guys dance, barely glancing at the "stars" of the show?

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

lonelywombat (July 2nd, 2018), poshglasgow (July 2nd, 2018)

Liked

Like you, Oliver2, I focus solely on the dancers. They are the only thing that makes those acts bearable.

I don't understand why owners of gay clubs think the majority of gay men want to see guys dressed as women. Most gay guys, I'd imagine, would be far more interested in paying to see guys with hot bodies on stage.

I'll take a six-pack over boobs, fake or otherwise, any day.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 7th, 2018), poshglasgow (July 2nd, 2018)

Liked

X-Boys realised this and had the simple but brilliant idea of getting the go go boys to be the show. On more than one ocassion I offed a boy due to his sensual performance.

9. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (July 2nd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Throb was remarkably successful in attracting both gays and straights. Its mixture of comedy and sexy dance, performed by an all-male troupe - before the increase in the number of Chinese tourists- appealed to those of us who were in Pattaya for the guys. There were occasions when some of them adopted female attire ( invariably, as I recall, the same pale green dress)- but for comic purposes. No one pretended that we fancied Khun Oh when he did his Barcelona number; we just laughed.
    I find it odd because khatoeys are of interest to straights rather than gays so why have they taken over the gay show-scene? At one stage there were three such shows being performed almost simultaneously in Boyztown, two of which were drawing derisory audiences.
    Times have changed, the punters have changed....but I wonder whether an an-male group would bring more custom to Boyztown?

Liked

I fondly remember a bar in Saphan Kwai decades ago ( wild west boys???) that had all boys performing. Sometimes, American westerns, but more often, Thai historical dramas. They were wonderful and promoted off's for the guys.

All my traveling years it has been the same refrain. Not just in Thailand, in Latin America as well. Who wants the lip synching trannies? Not a single person I have ever met; one of the grerat mysteries of gay venues is why they continue.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (July 2nd, 2018), poshglasgow (July 4th, 2018)

Liked

Following receipt of a report from a member via the red triangle alert system about some posts in this topic, they have been moved to the Everything Else forum under the title, At my age I can only offer boobs.

A quick link is below:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ly-offer-boobs

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Throb was remarkably successful in attracting both gays and straights. Its mixture of comedy and sexy dance, performed by an all-male troupe - before the increase in the number of Chinese tourists- appealed to those of us who were in Pattaya for the guys. There were occasions when some of them adopted female attire ( invariably, as I recall, the same pale green dress)- but for comic purposes. No one pretended that we fancied Khun Oh when he did his Barcelona number; we just laughed.
    I find it odd because khatoeys are of interest to straights rather than gays so why have they taken over the gay show-scene? At one stage there were three such shows being performed almost simultaneously in Boyztown, two of which were drawing derisory audiences.
    Times have changed, the punters have changed....but I wonder whether an an-male group would bring more custom to Boyztown?
    I really think it would, Oliver.