Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apologies to cndmatt

Liked

Apologies to cndmatt

As one who was highly skeptical of matt and his stories, the recent photos of he and Leo have changed my judgement of him.

It seems apparent that matt is who he says he is even though somewhat eccentric in his lifestyle, as posted on this forum.

My apologies to you, matt, for doubting you and for any derogatory remarks I have made on this forum regarding you.

François

2. 11 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 30th, 2018), colmx (June 30th, 2018), Jellybean (June 30th, 2018), Loki (July 1st, 2018), mr giggles (July 2nd, 2018), paborn (June 30th, 2018), poshglasgow (July 2nd, 2018), Rolling Stone (July 1st, 2018), scottish-guy (June 30th, 2018), snotface (June 30th, 2018), Tintin (July 1st, 2018)

Liked

Re: Apologies to cndmatt

C'est la façon de le faire - mais quand Matt a rejoint la campagne pour le désarmement nucléaire (CND)?

Liked

Well done you françois! If I owned a hat, I would take it off to you.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    C'est la façon de le faire - mais quand Matt a rejoint la campagne pour le désarmement nucléaire (CND)?

I must admit, at first, your post rather puzzled me scottish-guy, then the penny dropped when I noted the small error in the title to the topic. Then it made me chuckle.

And for the benefit of our non-British members:

CND The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament

The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) is an organisation that advocates unilateral nuclear disarmament by the United Kingdom, international nuclear disarmament and tighter international arms regulation through agreements such as the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. It opposes military action that may result in the use of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons and the building of nuclear power stations in the UK.
    Source: Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campai...ar_Disarmament

5. 4 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (June 30th, 2018), poshglasgow (July 2nd, 2018), scottish-guy (June 30th, 2018), Tintin (July 1st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    somewhat eccentric in his lifestyle, as posted on this forum.
    Now you make me curious. He looks too young to be a pensioner, so I guess he is an expat having a job in Pattaya/Bangkok. But what makes him eccentric? This remark triggered my curiosity.

Liked

Thank you francois, appreciate it. In that regard, I guess I will apologize for being a tad secretive / shy, but that was for a couple reasons.

a.) I don't like people.
    b.) I was on overstay, so one small mistake such as meeting the wrong person, and my life is over, and my dogs are dead. Leo and myself managed to make that mistake all on our own though, without any help from SGT.

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    But what makes him eccentric? This remark triggered my curiosity.

You're new here, aren't you?

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Jellybean (June 30th, 2018), snotface (July 1st, 2018), Tintin (July 1st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Thank you francois, appreciate it. In that regard, I guess I will apologize for being a tad secretive / shy, but that was for a couple reasons.

a.) I don't like people.
    b.) I was on overstay, so one small mistake such as meeting the wrong person, and my life is over, and my dogs are dead. Leo and myself managed to make that mistake all on our own though, without any help from SGT.

You're new here, aren't you?
    Not really, but I not tend to remember personal stuff from people. Maybe if I had done so I would be able from everyone to say if they live in Thailand or not, how they make their living, what type of boys they like, if they have a boyfriend. All of this info is dropped now and then by every member, but I dont write it down, don't remember it.

But how are you so eccentric? Your job is strange? I read on the other board about a farang prostitute in Bangkok. Is that your job? :-)
    That is quite eccentric indeed.

Liked

Now you make me curious. He looks too young to be a pensioner, so I guess he is an expat having a job in Pattaya/Bangkok. But what makes him eccentric? This remark triggered my curiosity.
    To quote cdnmatt, "You're new here, aren't you?"

AsDaRa you would have to read the thousands of post by matt over the past 5 or 10 years to fully understand the situation.

Liked

Ahhhh . . . now where to start? cdnmatt has been a member here for almost 9 years, AsDaRa and, at the time of my post, he has made 4,154 posts on Sawatdee. I’m not sure if anyone here could give you a potted history of his life as described in his posts to the membership of Sawatdee and its readers over such a long period. Unless, some long standing member with a good memory is willing to try?

In the absence of such a willing member, I suggest you follow the advice contained in the lyrics of the song, Do-Re-Mi from the movie, The Sound of Music . . . by starting at the very beginning, a very good place to start, so they say.

Sawatdee Gay Thailand forum
    July 2009 cdnmatt Post 1 of 4,154 posts:

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Hello members, my name is cdnmatt. You don’t know much about me right now, but I promise you soon will get to know me real well . . .
    Good luck AsDaRa! Do let us know from time to time at what stage in Matt’s life you have reached. I’m sure it will bring back many happy memories for our long standing members.

Disclaimer
    A degree of artistic licence was exercised in the drafting of his post and certain words ascribed to a certain member may not, in fact, have been said.

Liked

@Asdara -- No, I'm not a bloody hooker. Not to mention, haven't you seen my photos? Who the hell would pay to have sex with me? Actually, I'm the total opposite of a hooker. I seem to be in the very small minority of gay people who are totally content and fulfilled with a monagamous relationship, and very much prefer that over each of us wandering around and having sex with others.

I work in online software. Last time I had a "real job" I was 19 and raking dirt and planting shrubs for $7.50/hour.

I don't know why I'm eccentric, I just am. Let's just say I've lived an unconventional life, and prefer to make my own rules instead of doing what everyone else does. For example, I think Canadian society has it totally wrong in many facets, but if I ever say that to anyone they think I'm crazy. I think a lot of the societal problems we face are self inflicted mainly due to the isolated nature of our society. Not to mention, I don't think many people here even know they're alive. If I ever get to a point where I'm obsessing over and spending a huge amount of time ensuring my bathroom tiles, lighting system, and kitchenware are all "just perfect", then please take me out behind the shed and shoot me.

I don't know, I'm about to start on a tangent, so will stop there.

Liked

Thanks cdnmatt. The most eccentric I get out of the above is that you are monogamous. For this board that is very strange indeed. Certainly when you find yourself in a country with so much opportunity for (paid) sex with nice Asian guys.

Look, I am (forced) monogamous when I am in the Netherlands, but when I am in the Thai paradise my sexual live makes a 180 degree turn. I like twinks till about age 25. Sadly in my country they don't like people my age, but in Thailand some really like me (proven when I not need to pay) and if not you can pay for it cheap. So for me very eccentric that in a gay paradise you are monogamous.