Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bhat Bus routes

Liked

Re: Bhat Bus routes

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Is that not the whole idea of this Grab/Uber thing ?
    In some countries to show destination point isn't mandatory at time of placing order (I mean Uber, Gett) - you may just order taxi and then to use meter. I try to avoid such situation abroad and show destination point at time of booking: it is much more easy esp. in countries where not all can speak English.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    First: nobody in Pattaya calls a Baht Bus a "baht bus".... its either a Songtaew or a "taxi"... have never EVER heard it being called a "baht bus"... except on these boards
    My experience is quite the opposite, colmx. People I know in Pattaya do refer to it as a Baht Bus in addition to a Songtaew; never heard anyone call it a taxi.

3. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (July 2nd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    My experience is quite the opposite, colmx. People I know in Pattaya do refer to it as a Baht Bus in addition to a Songtaew; never heard anyone call it a taxi.
    But who calls it a Baht Bus? A Thai/Khmer/Laos person or a farang? I have never ever heard any Asian call a Songtaew a Baht Bus in 17 years visiting Pattaya... I have only heard it being called that on message boards
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

5. User who gave Like to post:

lonelywombat (July 3rd, 2018)

Liked

Farang.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    But who calls it a Baht Bus? A Thai/Khmer/Laos person or a farang? I have never ever heard any Asian call a Songtaew a Baht Bus in 17 years visiting Pattaya... I have only heard it being called that on message boards
    Oddly enough, almost all posters here are NOT Thai/Khmer/Laos so I would expect them to call it a baht bus. Just as it's the more pretentious who use Krung Thep rather than Bangkok (listen to a Thai Airways' announcement if you want to know what the Thais do)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Frequent, at least these exchanges have taught me to ignore your constant dwelling on tiny errors in spelling, punctuation or, simply, the obvious results of auto correction software. But, you reached your summit when you complained that I debased the "like" system by using it to thank someone for kind words. You really don't have to continue .
    Summit? "nadir", surely?

Liked

Yes, it is, indeed the "whole idea". But, if you read the thread above you see that there might be some problems with it.

Liked

Brand new Honda Click. 150 baht a day in cost and a priceless return in fun and convenience.