Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Bhat Bus routes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Bhat Bus routes

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    I had used Grab but got frustrated with drivers imported from Bangkok, who knew nothing of the roads or places in Pattaya
    My first I found myself going in the opposite direction. The second time I had booked to go to the Sports Bar in Jomtien and the Grab cost was 2750 baht. The quote was for a trip to sportsmans bar in Bangkok. It took over 30 minutes arguing with driver and controller, Grab had F*****D up.
    Most drivers at Grab are mostly useless, recruited from Bangkok, although I have had some good ones to return from Jomtien ,to be honest
    Controllers are worse than useless as most do not know locations.
    For to avoid such situation you should add drop off location yourself before to place order.

pax-maindowload-4.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

2. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (July 1st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    For to avoid such situation you should add drop off location yourself before to place order.
    [
    Is that not the whole idea of this Grab/Uber thing ? Grab knows your location. You put your destination in and get a quote for going to that destination. That's how it seemed to work, although I've only really used it in the Philippines.

Actually, any time I book a taxi by phone, the first thing I do is check the fixed price before booking. If they put in words like "approximately" before the price, time to find another taxi company.

4. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (July 1st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Is that not the whole idea of this Grab/Uber thing ?
    In some countries to show destination point isn't mandatory at time of placing order (I mean Uber, Gett) - you may just order taxi and then to use meter. I try to avoid such situation abroad and show destination point at time of booking: it is much more easy esp. in countries where not all can speak English.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com