Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Queer literature

Banned
    Liked

Queer literature

An interesting article about Edmund White in the New York Times. White is according to the article a mainstay of silverdaddies.com who prefers "twenty-something hookups"

2. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (October 3rd, 2018)

Liked

Re: Queer literature

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    An interesting article about Edmund White in the New York Times. White is according to the article a mainstay of silverdaddies.com who prefers "twenty-something hookups"
    Thank you. An excellent article. By the way, I understand that a film redering of "Boy erased" is due out this fall with Troye Sivan.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Thank you. An excellent article. By the way, I understand that a film redering of "Boy erased" is due out this fall with Troye Sivan.
    Your post piqued my interest, paborn. I found the following on an Internet search:

Gay Singer Troye Sivan To Star in Gay Conversion Film "Boy Erased"
    Devin Randall | September 1, 2017

Out Australian pop singer Troye Sivan has just bagged a role in the upcoming gay conversion movie.

The movie, titled Boy Erased, is the film adaption of a 2016 memoir by Garrard Conley titled Boy Erased: A Memoir of Identity, Faith, and Family.

Along with Sivan, the film has just cast Cherry Jones of 24 and Michael “Flea” Balzary from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

The three will be joining Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe who will be a Baptist pastor and his wife from a small American town. Their son, Lucas Hedges, will be outed by his parents at the age of 19, and then forced to go through conversion therapy.

Nothing’s known about the roles Sivan and the other new cast-mates will be playing.

But, this won’t be the first time the “Fools” and “Youth” singer graced the silver screen. His first credit went to appearing in the 2009 X-Men Origins: Wolverine (but perhaps everyone just wanted to forget that movie existed).

Boy Erased will start up its production in the fall and release in 2018.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrJS...glLzJ15akk6gM-

Liked

Interesting. Did you know that Troye is from South Africa and immigrated to Australia. Whilte in SA he made a three part film series called "Spud" with John Cleese. They are about a young man sent to a boy's boarding school. I special ordered them!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Interesting. Did you know that Troye is from South Africa and immigrated to Australia. Whilte in SA he made a three part film series called "Spud" with John Cleese. They are about a young man sent to a boy's boarding school. I special ordered them!
    No, I didn't know that, paborn. In fact, I had never heard of Troye Sivan until I read your post #2. Crikey! Now I'm showing my age and I am starting to sound like the controversial British judge in the '60s who is reputed to have asked, "Who are the Beatles?"

He is certainly a handsome young man and I see from the IMDb website that he plays the role of Gary in the film Boy Erased, which is noted as being in post-production. I shall keep a look out for its release. With Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe starring, hopefully the film will be widely available.

7. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 28th, 2018)

Liked

From time to time Netflix send its members TV series and film recommendations. This week they sent me a link to a film called Boy Erased saying it is available to watch on Netflix. It rang a bell and I was surprised to find out that I had posted about it on this 2018 topic and said I would keep a look out for it. Clearly my memory is not as good as it used to be.

Details of the movie from Wikipedia, a movie trailer clip and an interview with Lucas Hedges and Nicole Kidman from The Ellen Show are posted below:

Boy Erased is a 2018 American biographical drama film based on Garrard Conley's 2016 memoir of the same name. It is written and directed by Joel Edgerton, who also produced with Kerry Kohansky Roberts and Steve Golin. The film stars Lucas Hedges, Nicole Kidman, Russell Crowe, and Edgerton, and follows the son of Baptist parents who is forced to take part in a gay conversion therapy program.

Boy Erased premiered at the Telluride Film Festival on September 1, 2018, and also screened at the Toronto International Film Festival. The film was theatrically released in the United States on November 2, 2018, by Focus Features and grossed over $11 million worldwide. It received generally positive reviews from critics, who mostly praised the performances of the cast, and received various award nominations, including two Golden Globe Award nominations: Best Actor for Hedges and Best Original Song for "Revelation". The film won the GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Film – Limited Release at the 30th GLAAD Media Awards.

Source: Wikipedia

Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases