Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: "No Asians"

Banned
    Liked

"No Asians"

The American-born gay Asian (Korean ethnicity) comedian Joel Kim Booster has given an interview reported in the Huffington Post where he says “As an Asian person in the media, we are never being sent subliminal messages that you are attractive,” he told HuffPost. “I’d look at myself and say, ’Why am I treated like a second-class citizen in the gay community? Seeing people constantly write on dating apps, ‘No Asians.’ The rate of seeing that kind of rejection is so damaging. But now I know I don’t have to lean in to these negative feelings and that they are fully external.”

I suspect no member of this Forum would reject gay Asians

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (June 26th, 2018), poshglasgow (July 18th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: "No Asians"

gotta agree that people in general can be very hurtful especially where social media (Lord I hate that term) is concerned, especially when its anonomous.... there are many ways to highlight ones prefrences...I prefer to say something like " into asians under 30" to indicate that I dont want to receive messages from the likes of scotty or frequent...much nicer way of telling them that its a NO.