Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best way to book

Liked

Best way to book

For years I've relied on direct contact with the hotel Dating back to the days of telex - long before email. Recently, I booked the Poseiden in Pattaya by email with a quick response from Heiko ( never been there but I've read him mentioned hear ) ; however, I'm staying three nights in Bankok to shake off jet lag a bit and see some old sites. I emailed the Tarntawan directly and have had no response for three days. Is this normal for them? Is this no longer the best way to book, should I rely on booking sites? In may day the hotel was delighted to book direct and save the commission, even offering the better rate. Has all this changed?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Best way to book

Oh no, not the Tarntawan!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Sorry to be dense. I can't connect the hotel to this image......... Is there a problem with the hotel? I knw that there have been some mixed reviews here but is it really that bad? I never stayed there but enjoyed the breakfast.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

paborn......go to the board's search button and enter "Tarntawan".......more info than you will want or need!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

5. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (June 26th, 2018)

Liked

Oh, I did. The opinions are widely if not wildly different. I choose it bacause (1) they had a good breakfast, (2) very close to all action and I'll only be there for three nights so I'm no too fussy. I have learned to ask nothing on this board without thorough searches. My concern was there not getting back to me, nothing covered that and I grew concerned that it might indicater a very real decline. So, I was looking for anything new, someone might have booked recently. It's really a question of my mobility so: location, location ........... but, if anyone has a better idea I would love to hear it.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    . It's really a question of my mobility so: location, location ........... but, if anyone has a better idea I would love to hear it.
    Can't beat the Raya Surawong for location, its literally 10 meters from Soi Twilight... and its rooms and AC are at least 20 years newer than those of the Tarntawan
    Note that there are 4 steps at the front of the building, so if they are a problem maybe better to avoid
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

8. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (June 26th, 2018)

Liked

I have not had any problem with replies from the Tarntawan and I am in and out of there 7 to 8 times during the year. Some times there is an extra day over the weekend.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Josan View Post
    I have not had any problem with replies from the Tarntawan and I am in and out of there 7 to 8 times during the year. Some times there is an extra day over the weekend.
    Hi Josan, I'll give it another day. Meanwhile I will look into the Raya ( must be new, I never heard of it)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Hi Josan, I'll give it another day. Meanwhile I will look into the Raya ( must be new, I never heard of it)
    The Raya is open around 4 years ago now
    Some points:
    Reception is on 5th floor, rooms are on floors 5-8, if it is important that your guests are "checked in" then this may not be the place for you as they are quite easy going with guests (although you do need a key card to operate the lift)
    It gets quite a lot of straight Japanese customers, mostly golf tourists (due to Soi Thaniya and its girly bars golf shops being nearby...) it also get a lot of Chinese gay customers

I have never woken on time for Breakfast but I have heard its quite rudimentary
    On the other hand you could always cross the street to Surawong coffee shop if Breakfast is that important
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

12. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 26th, 2018)

Liked

Yes, I've researching and it opened in 2014, I've only been in Pattaya since before it was built. Looks like it's next to the big leather boot/shoe shop. I used to go to a Tailor in about that spot. It will be very interesting to see all the changes. Sadly, yes I do want breakfast and coffee - it reinforces my humanty. I'll consider it as I wait for the Tarntawan.