Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some statistics gathered during my current trip

Liked

Some statistics gathered during my current trip

I asked two Thai boys what percentage of boys in Thailand are gay. Both estimated it to be 50%. That is of course a highly unbelievable number. Can a society/culture survive if 50% of the male population doesn’t reproduce. I guess their presence in Pattaya made them over estimate the number. But when asking further they kept by their view. They have no explanation for this high number. But if true it must be in the dna makeup of the Thai population. They also have no idea why Thailand has so many more lady boys than other countries. Even countries that are equally free when it comes to expressing your sexuality.

Yesterday I asked a very sexy Vietnamese twink whom I offed in Screw boys (I have left Pattaya) how many customers he has in a month. While sometimes boys refuse to answer this he had no problem. He said (better “he wrote”, because almost all communication was via a translate app) that he had about 18 customers a month. That is pretty good if you ask me. His own estimation is that for other boys in that bar the number is about the same. Also bit unbelievable for me.

2. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (June 27th, 2018)

Liked

Re: Some statistics gathered during my current trip

Hopefully things continue to remain positive for the boys as much for the punters. The foreign boys certainly know how to sustain themselves to consistently return to Thailand for the work opportunities in a niche industry.

Liked

Maybe those two Thai boys believe there is strength in numbers.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

18 a month is quite believable...not even one a day..he's a slacker

Liked

The following is not a statistic, but information like this interests me. I would love that other forum members also posts info like the below. Sadly I read it too rarely.

I offed a Cambodia boy from Hot Male bar in Soi Twilight. He told me his family thinks he works in a restaurant. Almost all his income goes to his family. Who have thus no idea about the source of the money. His parents have no job he told me. So he supports them. I think his parents abuse him. They let their son work for them. I can't believe they can't find a job thenelves in Cambodia. I feel sorry for that boy. Imagine the daily pressure on him to get an off. That pressure must be higher for him, than it is for boys who only need to support themselves.

7. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 22nd, 2018)

Liked

I don't doubt your story AsDaRa. However my favourite Pattaya masseur, a Cambodian, initially told me he has 5 brothers and sisters and that he supports them. Yet during my last (absolutely wonderful) massage with him he told me his mother has a good job and had bought hm a motorbike so.....

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 2nd, 2018), paborn (June 22nd, 2018), poshglasgow (June 27th, 2018)

Liked

True. You must be careful with moneyboys and their stories. Lieng is second nature because it almost comes as a requirement to be succrsfull in that job
    But I think I am now mature enough to read into the body language and into the way how it is said if it is true or not. And I really feel this was honest.

Liked

'Can a society/culture survive if 50% of the male population doesn’t reproduce?.'

- A lot of 'gay' men end up fathering children!

Men who venture into the gay spectrum tend to be more sexually active and less sexually repressed.

Whilst there are some men who have never felt any desire to have sexual contact with women, my own take is that some degree of bisexuality is very common - possibly even exceeding 50% - whereas on the other hand, men who exhibit total disinterest in heterosexual activity is low - maybe 3 or 4%

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (June 22nd, 2018), poshglasgow (June 27th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    True. Y
    But I think I am now mature enough to read into the body language and into the way how it is said if it is true or not. And I really feel this was honest.
    OK, but be careful. I'm 70 and have been traveling for more than 4 decades and Thai stories are little different from Dominicaan, Mexican, Costa Rican, etc. There is a remarkable similarity world wide. Basciaclly, i have become transactional; I pay for a service - nothing more.

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 23rd, 2018), poshglasgow (June 27th, 2018)

Liked

I would add that I've found the same thing with westerners, saying one thing one year and something contradictory the next. On this very board too actually. Whatever the boy tells me I choose to believe him, it makes for a beautiful time together.

16. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (June 23rd, 2018), paborn (June 23rd, 2018)