Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Decided on Jomtien but need some opinions

Liked

Re: Decided on Jomtien but need some opinions

I have stayed in all three.I stayed at the Agate in March and enjoyed it but it is not gay.Nice staff,breakfast is good if you get there early as it is a buffet.Also it is by far the most expensive of the three.Poseidon is very good..Staff very friendly and great restaurant.The Venue is a nice place to stay but if you are going to bed early it might be a bit noisy with the shows running late.Pool is very very small,plunge pool.I suppose you get what you pay for.Enjoy regardless.

Liked

I see The Venue is on your list. I've stayed there many times and always enjoyed it. Very comfortable rooms, excellent washroom, and the upper rooms on the backside have balconies.
    However, I believe you wrote somewhere that you are not 100% mobile, and that might be an issue for you at the Venue. There is a lift there, but on two occasions over the years it has be down for repairs for parts of the day. If that happens there is a very narrow -- almost dangerous if you've been drinking -- spiral staircase to maneuver in.
    For me the noise issue from the show is no problem. Most folks staying would be out carousing in the Complex anyway, or -- heaven forbid -- watching the show ... it ain't my cuppa tea! Book the highest room for the least noise.
    Prices are very inticing in the off season.

Heard nothing but good regarding the Agate, though I've never stayed there.
    Ditto for Poseidon. A good friend of mine swears by it, and has been staying there for what seems like forever.
    ALL of the hotels mentioned are literally just a few steps from Thai-Guy-Central.
    Last edited by Smiles; June 21st, 2018 at 21:46.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (June 21st, 2018), travelerjim (June 23rd, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn
    I just read the thread again. Lord, we do wonder off topic don't we?
    Agreed. We sometimes wander off topic too.

Liked

Thanks so much. This is the sort of response that makes this forum an invaluable knowledge base.

6. User who gave Like to post:

travelerjim (June 23rd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

i used to stay at tui a lot until tui broke up with his french lover and they split the restaurant downstairs into 2 and as I used to love chatting with both it just got too awkward. now i dont have a fav. Ive even stayed in walking street...now that was an experience...my room was opposite a hetero gogo/beerbar...think I lost my hearing for about 2 weeks.

Liked

2 points i stayed in the poseidon last month ,lovely hotel but found the mattress very hard,standard, rooms about the same size as the Agate but the agate has 2 good size swimming pools and the mattress better , atleast for me

Liked

Thank you/ I'm looking for next January and the Poseiden prices seem to be twice the cost of either the Venture or the Agate. No comments here seem to make that a resonable price difference. Did you book directly with the hotel or use a booking site?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    It may be my age, but I do get confused with reading the responses. God, I wish we would stay on topic in the threads. Thanks
    It's not your age, but the natural entropy of threads in a Forum such as this

11. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 22nd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Thank you/ I'm looking for next January and the Poseiden prices seem to be twice the cost of either the Venture or the Agate. No comments here seem to make that a resonable price difference. Did you book directly with the hotel or use a booking site?
    I sent e-mail to hotel giving my dates and asking for a price

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Do the same with Agate, quickly, as a comparison. Its prices via Reception are very competitive. Better than Agoda's for example. It's not in the same soi as the host bars and Venue and so is likely to be quieter....yet only 60m away.
    For what it's worth, I found the Complex much busier than Boyztown a couple of weeks ago but singularly unattractive. And if you prefer Thai food in Thailand, only Dick's Cafe enticed us more than once.

14. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 22nd, 2018)