Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spending spree - BKK

Liked: 1

Spending spree - BKK

Dear Forum,

I have been an avid reader of this forum, and would first like to thank you all for the impressive knowledge base you have developed - for me and many others an enormous help to get some understanding of the unique bar scene in Thailand.

I would like to share my operating mode in this bar scene and hear your thoughts and considerations.

About once per month, I love throwing myself in the nightlife of BKK, with main focus on the boysbars. I go all in on these night and easily end up spending 30 - 40,000 baht or more, with no regret. To add some color, short summary of my last spree:

- Started at Screw Boys. Had a beer and called one of the boys from the stage. Hot muscled early 20s. The boy was from Vietnam, not very interesting - didnt get any further then the 'name, where from' and creepy smile. With the bad reviews of Vietnam boys at Screw Boys in mind on this forum, I left after paying my beer and the guys classic 300baht fanta.
    - Moved over to the new bar, right above Screw Boys. I was the only customers, with 20 boys on stage. To reduce the akwardness of being eyeballed by all boys, I asked the waitor to have a beer with me. Turned out to be a nice guy from Laos with strong English skills. I asked a hot boy with a perfect sixpack to join and the three of us had a couple of beers. they turned out to be quite funny and engaging, so I off-ed both. Bill somewhere near the end of 2000 baht, payed 3000 baht and left with the boys.
    - I asked them where they wanted to go. They never went to dream boy, so I took them there, stayed there somewhat more then an hour. I called two boys I offed on previous visits to join and have some beers. I left with a bill close to 5000, rounded it to 5, and gave 1000 baht to the two dreamboys guys before leaving with the two boys I arrived with.
    - Quick stop at the beer bar accross dream boys. There is hardly ever a single customer in that bar, but the owner is actually a friendly Thai guy. So I typically have a stop there so he makes some business. Bill of 900, rounded to 1000.
    - Moved to Golden Cock with the same two guys. We had two bottles of Whiskey there and some beers, which got all dicks out of the boys in the bar. Bill and tips was close to 10000 baht. I left with the sixpack guy and gave the waitor boy I offed 3000 baht before sending him home.
    - Took sixpack guy home, had a good fuck, me as top. The morning after he fucked me. Quite a passionate guy. I gave him 8000 baht before he left, almost started to cry of hapiness.

Some closing facts and thoughts:

- I am a hard working expat, end 30s. I earn an indecent salary of close to 1mn baht after tax - i realize this is a bit awkward to mention, but just want to illustrate that i can afford these frenzies without hurting myself financially.
    - I do realize I am ripped off from all sides on those nights, but dont care so much about that. I just enjoy the moment a lot, i believe i treat everybody i interact with in a decent matter.
    - i am not looking for anything sustainable in any way. During one of my first sprees about a year ago, I once made the mistake to add a boy on my Line account, which proved to be a terrible move, getting a 'I miss you' at least every single day. As of then I never made that same mistake, so I dont interact with those guys except when we meet again in a bar - of course they are 'happy' to see me again then.

The only negative effect I can think of, is that I am ruining the market...But then again, having a few stupid farangs like me overspending occasionally could not really move the market of 100s of boys upside down I guess. The consideration of my mini market distortion is for me not strong enough to halt my monthly spree.

I would love to hear your input and/or hear from other forum members that might have developed the same bad habbits like me over time.

Many thanks

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Spending spree - BKK

Wow, you spend 40,000X12 = 480,000 Baht per year (out of 1,000,000) on boys.
    Doesn't leave you much to live on...about 1424 per day...including rent.
    Welcome to Sawatdee...

Liked

The old man and I went to Bangkok once ~ just an off-the-cuff moment ~ and spent 2500 baht boozing it up at Tawan Deang. The next morning, with a headache, we bought a Toyota Champ pickup truck.
    Now that's a spree!
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

4. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (June 27th, 2018)

Liked: 1

i quoted my monthly salary. Agreed it would be quite imbalanced on an annual base ;-)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Hi Freez,

I've met a few people in your situation over the years, often working in oil or construction in some inhospitable place, who like to splash out as you described when they hit town. Why not, that 's how you enjoy yourself, and you may have no one else to spend it on, and you certainly deserve a treat after a month in Fuckallistan. Spreading the cash in this way is usually much appreciated!

7. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

I think the biggest risk is getting used to extravagance when you can afford it, then struggling to adapt if your income changes. But that's your business.

As for adding boys on Line, one of the joys of that system is you can easily block them. That's why I prefer to use Line instead of giving them my phone number.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Freez View Post
    i quoted my monthly salary. Agreed it would be quite imbalanced on an annual base ;-)
    Good for you and you managed to say that without even blushing ! :-) And as for your spending, fuck it, why not, you're a long time dead and you cant take it with you and spending like that is all relative and is the same as someone earning a lot less spending 4000 on a night out, which of course they wouldn't think twice about, so my view, fuck it, spend it and enjoy while you can ( without leaving yourself broke at the end of it of course but at 1000000 a month salary I'm guessing you should be ok for a while yet :-)

PS if you ever need an ageing irish money boy ( who goes for free :-) you know where to call .......but just know I dont kiss, fuck, suck, or cum and dont do over nights .......ah hell, who am I kidding I do ALL of those things and hell for a lot less that 40,000 ( or even 4000) baht for that matter - usually more like two vodka and cokes and a kebab on the way home together ! lol

10. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

The OP is actually a bit of a cheap Charlie but I'm not surprised at only £25K a month salary - I couldn't live on that.

I've no idea what he does but I'm a Premier League footballer and I earn ten times that per match - but I don't like to boast and hence I've never mentioned it.

The fact is I've been lying about everything for years - I'm actually 21, str8, fucking gorgeous and I've never been to Thailand (but Mini Mee rumbled me on that one)

Well if you believe him, why don't you believe me - my story is about as plausible

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 2nd, 2018), gerefan2 (June 21st, 2018), poshglasgow (June 27th, 2018)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    The fact is I've been lying about everything for years and I've never been to Thailand
    No surprise here!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

14. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (June 21st, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...why is his story implausible??? Im not even slightly blond but Im confused.