Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bali Update Info

Liked

Re: Bali Update Info

Hi,
    Well it's over one hundred now and likely to rise even further - Gili islands have been evacuated and they will remain closed for some time as infrastructure was severely damaged.
    On a happier note and back to Bali, there is a new all male day club opening in Legian on the 15th (soft opening so suitable for the older gent).
    Man resort day club spa - catchy name or what? is behind the AQ-VA Hotel at Jalan Padma Utara, Gang Bujangga No. 8, Legian-Kuta, Bali. You can get to it through the hotel as its the same ownership although it has a separate entrance in Gang Bujangga. Free to get in during the opening period and 100,000 IDR when properly open. Facilities include 28m pool, full service spa, barber, steam room, foam room, massage services, full bar and restaurant.
    So ready to receive curious visitors from the 15th August.
    Cheers

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Moses (August 9th, 2018), Nirish guy (August 9th, 2018), paborn (August 9th, 2018), splinter1949 (August 9th, 2018)

Liked

Has anybody been to Bali lately, any updates on the scene?

I go out in 12 weeks time.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My mates just back last week - in a nut shell, no change, quieter that peak season and the guys all complaining of low customer numbers (in every business I mean not just sex work) but that's normal of course for this time of year, but aside from that he'd his usual good trip with no dramas and Bali' joe and the apps etc all as busy as ever.

5. User who gave Like to post:

splinter1949 (November 9th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    My mates just back last week - in a nut shell, no change, quieter that peak season and the guys all complaining of low customer numbers (in every business I mean not just sex work) but that's normal of course for this time of year, but aside from that he'd his usual good trip with no dramas and Bali' joe and the apps etc all as busy as ever.
    Excellent. Thank you

7. User who gave Like to post:

splinter1949 (November 9th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Possibly our American friends, for whom English is a foreign language, would be more comfortable with scores rather than dozens. I gave up trying to explain the concept of "fortnight" when I was working there
    No one, except English knows this "fortnight" thingy. It's one of those words that should have died together with Shakespeare 400 years ago. Isn't it 2 weeks? Or 4? Why not just say "I'm leaving in 3 weeks", no, instead you, English, torture the rest of the world with fortnight. Very cruel of you!

Another one is "stones". Edina from Absolutely Fabulous was overweight, fat cow, frankly, and she knew it. But what did she say? "I need to lose 1 stone", and her bitch daughter corrected her, "2 stones", she said, just to be mean. How many kg, please? Understably metric system is too complicated for English, could you then tell us in pounds, at least pounds make some sense (not really), everybody needs to multiply lb by 2, and we get roughly 1Kg. But no! Stones!!

Americans are just as guilty with their ounces and eightballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post

I go out in 12 weeks time.
    Yeah, but how many fortnights is that? English people don't do weeks, they measure time in fortnights.
    Just like Cdnmatt's husbands owe an apology to him, for simply existing, English owe the whole world an apology for fortnight! I'm willing to accept this apology on behalf of all humanity.

I'm also thinking of going. Apparently Bangkok tourism authority is concerned with low tourist arrivals, and they are proposing a new TR scheme, Single Entry Tourist Visa will count as double entry between now and February, that gives people with SE TR extra 90 days in Thailand without having to apply for new visa, just need to leave country, and come right back. And they will do away land border 2 entries per year, land crossings are back to unlimited. Except no one knows when this welcome change comes to effect.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic...boost-tourism/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Isn't it 2 weeks? Or 4? Why not just say "I'm leaving in 3 weeks"

Yeah, but how many fortnights is that? English people don't do weeks, they measure time in fortnights.
    [/url]
    A fortnight is "two weeks".

So I'm going to Bali in 12 weeks, which is three (3) fortnight.

Liked

Apologies, 12 weeks = 6 fortnight.

Two weeks is called a fortnight.

Liked

Apologies, 12 weeks = 6 fortnights.

Two weeks is called a fortnight

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    No one, except English knows this "fortnight" thingy. It's one of those words that should have died together with Shakespeare 400 years ago. Isn't it 2 weeks? Or 4? Why not just say "I'm leaving in 3 weeks", no, instead you, English, torture the rest of the world with fortnight. Very cruel of you!

Another one is "stones". Edina from Absolutely Fabulous was overweight, fat cow, frankly, and she knew it. But what did she say? "I need to lose 1 stone", and her bitch daughter corrected her, "2 stones", she said, just to be mean. How many kg, please? Understably metric system is too complicated for English, could you then tell us in pounds, at least pounds make some sense (not really), everybody needs to multiply lb by 2, and we get roughly 1Kg. But no! Stones!!

Americans are just as guilty with their ounces and eightballs.

Just like Cdnmatt's husbands owe an apology to him, for simply existing, English owe the whole world an apology for fortnight! I'm willing to accept this apology on behalf of all humanity.

I'm also thinking of going. Apparently Bangkok tourism authority is concerned with low tourist arrivals, and they are proposing a new TR scheme, Single Entry Tourist Visa will count as double entry between now and February, that gives people with SE TR extra 90 days in Thailand without having to apply for new visa, just need to leave country, and come right back. And they will do away land border 2 entries per year, land crossings are back to unlimited. Except no one knows when this welcome change comes to effect.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic...boost-tourism/
    When you sober up DD (or is it WM now), just use google.

That will give you the correct conversion...e.g. DIVIDE pounds by 2 to get Kilos.

A fortnight is the easiest to remember...fourteen nights.

Happy hangover.

Liked

Why do you need to drag this board down to your level? Do you have any idea how boring you are? I suppose not.
    Since I was rude to you, again, despite clear warning from Admin, you win, I concede.