Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bali Update Info

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Bali Update Info

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I haven't seen anyone misbehaving in the gay bars - everyone is just out for a good time.
    Unfortunately I cant concur there as I and my Bali friends have witnessed exactly that - but I fully accept its the minority in those areas rather than the majority (just). My Bali friends seems to object more to a perceived arrogance that the believe (some) Aussies display but personally I think thats more of a gay thing that a Country thing perhaps, if just so happens that they're objectionable gay Aussies, but they could just as easily be from London, it just so happens that with London being farther away the Bali locals see more Aussies and so just assume that more of them are assholes perhaps.

Nirish, Latin's deleted post was not aimed at me
    I was just gently joking there and wasn't aware of the original post to which he was referring even actually.

2. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (June 23rd, 2018)

Liked

Nirish guy, can you kindly ask your Bali friends or maybe yourself, who can recomend a nice restaurant to have a nice meal please?

We will be staying in the Kuta area, not too far from the bars etc.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Hmmm actually no, sorry probably not as as I'm sure you understand such questions and their replies are based so highly on personal taste and opinion and I'd hate you to waste one of your evenings somewhere I liked but you might hate should our tastes vary wildly perhaps.

Honestly the first thing I would probably do is get out of Kuta and head towards the Seminyak area etc. There many many very special restaurants all dotted around there, either in the main street or further out in the surrounding area.

The centre of Kuta ( IMHO) is for the masses and caters accordingly, whereas on out in the sticks a bit things tend to get a bit more special eating wise ( I found anyway).

Maybe just jump on a motorbike ( or a taxi if you're in no particular hurry traffic wise ) and just wing it - there's no shortage of really great places - but of course all depends what you're looking for and in what price bracket etc - I'm sure you'll not be stuck - just find a nice local guy, I'm sure he'll be very happy to accompany you to some great places ( just as long as you're paying of course

Liked

If you really want to have dinner in Kuta, try Uns Restaurant.

I haven't been there in a while but my friends and I were regulars there and often flew up to Bali just for their bellpepper soup, and crème brûlée for dessert. All this was washed down with delicious full-strength margaritas.

I believe the menu has changed but the reviews are still great.

Reviews:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...i.html#MAPVIEW

Yum!!!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Hmmm actually no, sorry probably not as as I'm sure you understand such questions and their replies are based so highly on personal taste and opinion and I'd hate you to waste one of your evenings somewhere I liked but you might hate should our tastes vary wildly perhaps.

Honestly the first thing I would probably do is get out of Kuta and head towards the Seminyak area etc. There many many very special restaurants all dotted around there, either in the main street or further out in the surrounding area.

The centre of Kuta ( IMHO) is for the masses and caters accordingly, whereas on out in the sticks a bit things tend to get a bit more special eating wise ( I found anyway).

Maybe just jump on a motorbike ( or a taxi if you're in no particular hurry traffic wise ) and just wing it - there's no shortage of really great places - but of course all depends what you're looking for and in what price bracket etc - I'm sure you'll not be stuck - just find a nice local guy, I'm sure he'll be very happy to accompany you to some great places ( just as long as you're paying of course
    Thank you for the advice.

Liked

If you really want to have dinner in Kuta, try Uns Restaurant.

I haven't been there in a while but my friends and I were regulars there and often flew up to Bali just for their bellpepper soup, and crème brûlée for dessert. All this was washed down with delicious full-strength margaritas.

I believe the menu has changed but the reviews are still great.

Reviews:

Yum!!!
    Thank you kindly a447. Sounds like a nice place to eat.

I will definitely try this place once in Bali. Its always nice to try recommendations from others.

Thanks again

Liked

But as Nirish points out, such recommendations are highly subjective. But based on the fact that all my friends love Uns, I think you may also enjoy it.

Banned
    Liked

But based on the fact that all my friends love Uns
    All three of them?

Banned
    Liked

One of the risks visitors to Bali face is the ability to fly in and, once there, fly out again. The airport's operations are often threatened by the Mount Agung volcano; it has closed the airport for days at at time in recent years. It's very active and has shut down the airport again today https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...loses-airport/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It's reopened again - but definitely one to watch as they tend to open "when they can" and thats totally dependant on what direction the wind is blowing ( quite literally ie is the smoke blowing towards the airport or away from it out to sea etc). So it's opened for now again but god knows how long that lasts for. I was VERY lucky the last time I was there and had decided to extend my stay for 10 days the day BEFORE she erupted the last time and the witnessed thousands of people all struggling to find hotel rooms day after day for the 10 days whilst I was on the beach, likewise the airlines didn't help as they insisted that everyone show up EACH day at the airport "just in case" so people couldn't even relax and enjoy their enforced vacation ! For them a pleasurable ten days it was NOT.