List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The concentration camps of the great state of Texas ...

Liked

The concentration camps of the great state of Texas ...

This is what has become of Trump ... a lying boasting bombastic clown during the election, he has shed the clown-thing and is now putting on the purple robes of a xenophobic bigot of the worst dimension.

This nasty piece of work says it all. (Scroll down a bit and open up the video in the middle of the page to full screen).
    This kind of atrocious horror will only get worse.

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/sta...04668816560128

OR ... you could find a nice restaurant in Pattaya and forget all about it.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

2. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 19th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Re: The concentration camps of the great state of Texas ...

Who was that Marshall or Sheriff or whatever he was that Trump pardoned recently? I remember him from way back, he was one of jinks' heroes because of his hardline attitude to how criminals should be handled while in prison. There was a thread about it - when Bob Muldoon owned the Forum as I recall. There will always be queens who are hardline conservatives; I'm sure there'll be many who are Trump supporters. My favourite Trump supporter is the drag queen Kellyanne Conway

Speaking of America and its businesspeople is anyone else watching the new HBO show Succession? It's modelled on Rupert Murdoch and his family. The elder son reminds me very much of one of our members. In episode three (just finished watching) the younger son has just jerked off in his office and cum all over the floor to ceiling window in his skyscraper office. Not sure if that's a metaphor. The Murdoch idea has been done before, of course, in the movie Fierce Animals

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    This is what has become of Trump ...
    Why you blame Trump when it was the same at time of Obama? You should blame US's foreign policy

2014. https://www.thenation.com/article/ho...uthern-border/

Photos from 2014 and before:

immig_detention_img.jpg

the same facility, September 8, 2014

458329276-boy-from-honduras-watches-a-movie-at-a-detention.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...acilities.html
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    OR ... you could find a nice restaurant in Pattaya and forget all about it.
    Since there is absolutely nothing, not a single solitary thing, that any of us can do about it, I don't propose standing around wringing my hands

6. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (June 19th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Since there is absolutely nothing, not a single solitary thing, that any of us can do about it, I don't propose standing around wringing my hands
    You miss my point on that one. You've been away too long.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Why you blame Trump when it was the same at time of Obama? You should blame US's foreign policy

2014. https://www.thenation.com/article/ho...uthern-border/

Photos from 2014 and before:

immig_detention_img.jpg

the same facility, September 8, 2014

458329276-boy-from-honduras-watches-a-movie-at-a-detention.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...acilities.html
    I'm sorry, but your quoting from an arch conservative journal that is fraught with errors and misrepresentations. This policy to refuse to process assylum seekers, but to criminalize the attempt is new and is causing the issues in my country. This is a Trump policy that he could change with a phone call. Don't blame the State Department.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    " ... Why you blame Trump when it was the same at time of Obama? ... "
    The worst part of this travesty is the completely disgusting Trumpism (him and him alone) which says essentialy this: " ... we're putting you in a concentration camp and we're taking your kids away from you and putting them in a separate camp ....". Obama's policy cannot hold a candle to this disgrace.
    Trump has a totalitarian streak a mile wide . . . somewhat similar to Stalinism et al.
    Last edited by Smiles; June 19th, 2018 at 22:57.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (June 20th, 2018), paborn (June 19th, 2018)

Liked

" ... Who was that Marshall or Sheriff or whatever he was that Trump pardoned recently? ... "
    There's enough to go around (around the earth that is) when it comes to Trump.
    That decrepit old bastard's name is Joe Arpaio, and he looks exactly what he is: A true bigot and sadist at every level.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/25/polit...don/index.html

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (June 20th, 2018), paborn (June 19th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Certainly Obama and Bush deported tens of thousands, but that is not at issue here.

Before April 2018, people who crossed the border illegally were simply detained and deported. Now, only because of the Trump agenda, they are subject to criminal prosecution, meaning they are incarcerated and separated from their children while awaiting court processing.

Migrants who enter the US at designated border crossing points and who request asylum were previously allowed to remain free in the States, with their children, while waiting for a year or more for their claims to be adjudicated. Now, they are detained, separated from the children, while their asylum claims receive expedited processing.

The bottom line is that separation of families is being accomplished in whatever way the Trump administration can devise, in the hope that Mexicans and Central Americans will no longer head for the US borders.

Is this simply Trump's effort to prevent non-whites from entering the US legally or illegally, or is he using family separations as a bargaining chip with Congress to get his border wall and other anti-immigration demands.? Only he knows.

Asylum seekers will continue to be processed, but by removing gang violence from their asylum eligibility claims, Attorney General Sessions has all but guaranteed that almost all Central American asylum seekers will be denied. In fact, the law does not make provision for asylum based on gang violence but in the past immigration judges had more latitude in granting asylum.

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Moses (June 19th, 2018), paborn (June 20th, 2018), TaoR (June 20th, 2018)

Liked

" ... Attorney General Sessions has all but guaranteed that almost all Central American asylum seekers will be denied... "
    And his guarantee for that? Who would've thought it would be based on some parable read from the bible. https://globalnews.ca/news/4282873/j...eparation/amp/

What a way to run a country. A certifiable nincompoop in charge, and a right wing bible thumper licking his boots.9
    Last edited by Smiles; June 20th, 2018 at 02:35.

16. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 20th, 2018)