Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Same sex soapies in Thailand

Liked

Re: Same sex soapies in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Sorry I cant let you sit there disparaging poor Jimmy Cricket and Frank Carson - from a Country who gave us The Krankies ffs ! ...I STILL cant work out if their self confessed tales of sex swap parties, orgies and dogging were all a piss take or not - scary thought if not !?
    If you're expecting me to defend The Krankies you're going to be disappointed - thankfully there's nothing "Scottish" about their act other than their own accents and nationality.

I find people like Harry Lauder far more offensive in presenting a totally inaccurate caricature of my Nation - and I'd suggest Jimmy Cricket and Frank Carson fall into the same category, both having made a good living out of 'thick Irish' jokes - and let's not forget that Lenny Henry started out by taking the piss out of black people - and I read recently that he is so ashamed of that he can't watch re-runs of his early comedy act.

As for the Swinging Krankies (sounds like a circus act) - I understand it's all very accurate and that's why they decided to 'out themselves' in advance of a newspaper expose.

I also understand that the Donald and Jacqueline swinger characters in "Benidorm" are based on The Krankies.

Liked

I never heard of any of these people, but that's OK. Whatever happened with our own homegrown soap opera, most recently featured on the Everything forum as "Culture Shock." No recent installments? International incidents? Miracle cures? Long lost twin brothers with amnesia?

Liked

I had the pleasure of meeting Frank Carson in a bar while on a golfing holiday in Spain. He was hilarious and I don't recall many of his jokes being based on thick Irishmen. As for wee Jimmy Krankie as well as performing, dogging and swapping she also doubles as Scotland's First Minister.

4. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 19th, 2018)

Liked

Yes. Hard to tell which is which.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pennyboy View Post
    I had the pleasure of meeting Frank Carson in a bar while on a golfing holiday in Spain. He was hilarious and I don't recall many of his jokes being based on thick Irishmen. As for wee Jimmy Krankie as well as performing, dogging and swapping she also doubles as Scotland's First Minister.
    Firstly, Frank Carson's entire early career was based on "thick Irish" jokes - "Murphy" being the first word in half of them. That's not to say he wasn't a funny and a generous person but it happens to be true and anybody who recalls his early appearances on "The Comedians" TV show (where he made his name) will know that.

Your second remark was just crap frankly

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Your second remark was just crap frankly
    I did wonder about the reference to dogging

Liked

MY this thread certainly wander off from Thailand and Boy Love TV Series...

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS View Post
    MY this thread certainly wander off from Thailand and Boy Love TV Series...
    I suggest you complain to francois. He's rather anal about that sort of thing

Liked

Cute thai guys on tv swapping oral DNA samples. kiss kiss. Yum. I am all for it.
    It normalized gay love, gay sex, etc.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    Cute thai guys on tv swapping oral DNA samples. kiss kiss. Yum. I am all for it.
    It normalized gay love, gay sex, etc.
    As a follow-up...my hope is that the thai soaps will encourage more same sex exploration among cute thai guys. And I am willing to offer myself up to help guys explore their expanding sexual boundaries.
    Ok. The likelihood of that happening is approaching trivial....but as the pool of guys exploring sexuality expands I am guessing their are a few who would like to experience SDL - sweet daddy living.