Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
Sorry I cant let you sit there disparaging poor Jimmy Cricket and Frank Carson - from a Country who gave us The Krankies ffs ! ...I STILL cant work out if their self confessed tales of sex swap parties, orgies and dogging were all a piss take or not - scary thought if not !?
If you're expecting me to defend The Krankies you're going to be disappointed - thankfully there's nothing "Scottish" about their act other than their own accents and nationality.

I find people like Harry Lauder far more offensive in presenting a totally inaccurate caricature of my Nation - and I'd suggest Jimmy Cricket and Frank Carson fall into the same category, both having made a good living out of 'thick Irish' jokes - and let's not forget that Lenny Henry started out by taking the piss out of black people - and I read recently that he is so ashamed of that he can't watch re-runs of his early comedy act.

As for the Swinging Krankies (sounds like a circus act) - I understand it's all very accurate and that's why they decided to 'out themselves' in advance of a newspaper expose.

I also understand that the Donald and Jacqueline swinger characters in "Benidorm" are based on The Krankies.