Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Le Cafe Royal

Liked

Re: Le Cafe Royal

I don't remember Dairy Queen but I did take a couple of pick ups off the steps outside Robinsons and had no issues.

I also picked up a couple hanging about at the entrance to Soi Twiglight - again no problems.

A friend was mortified with my bravado and chided me with "My god.....do you ever consider these boys are not working in a bar for a reason". Well, no I didn't - I just saw a pretty face, an incredibly slim body, and imagined a cock! Story of my life!!

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (June 17th, 2018), paborn (June 17th, 2018)

Liked

Who remembers the lady who sang on Toi's nights off?
    She was there for years. I first met her when she once brought her baby son to Le Cafe and last saw her when she had a market stall and introduced me to her now teenage son.
    Toi went to work in the bar next to Balcony (now Jupiter) --- I forget what it's name was at the time.
    Toi also did a one man show at Balcony ---- it might still be on Balcony's gallery page (I can't check because my PC strangely won't open YouTube any more).

Liked

I do have a recollection of her but no more than that.

Toi video:

5. User who gave Like to post:

travelerjim (June 17th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    "My god.....do you ever consider these boys are not working in a bar for a reason". !
    And I hope you replied with the probable true answer of "yes, cause they've just nipped out for something to eat or are on their way back from fucking a customer otherwise they probably wouldn't be seen dead near the entrance to Soi Twilight in the FIRST place !"

Liked

I don't remember Dairy Queen but I did take a couple of pick ups off the steps outside Robinsons and had no issues.

I also picked up a couple hanging about at the entrance to Soi Twiglight - again no problems.

A friend was mortified with my bravado and chided me with "My god.....do you ever consider these boys are not working in a bar for a reason". Well, no I didn't - I just saw a pretty face, an incredibly slim body, and imagined a cock! Story of my life!!
    Over the years I had a number ( one regular ) from the steps at Robinson's. Never a hint of a problem; just very fond memories. I suspect some guys don't want the controlling atmosphere of a bar. Cut out the middle man has worked for me.

8. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 17th, 2018)

Liked

I think my friend was of the outrageously prejudiced opinion that boys outside Robinsons or at the entrance to Twilight were likely to be plying their trade on the street because they were underage, or been sacked from bars due to theft or other misbehaviour with customers, or were HIV+ (which was untreatable at that time).

I would ask him but I'd need an Ouija board.

10. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 18th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

I think my friend was of the outrageously prejudiced opinion that boys outside Robinsons or at the entrance to Twilight were likely to be plying their trade on the street because they were underage, or been sacked from bars due to theft or other misbehaviour with customers, or were HIV+ (which was untreatable at that time).
    The most likely explanation for the "danger" they posed was that in 1990/91 or thereabouts a couple of punters were murdered by Robinsons boys. One was reported as having taken the lad back to his room at the Suriwong Hotel and, the deed having been done, refused to pay the lad the agreed amount. I don't think I read about the other one

The Suriwong Hotel was a complete den of iniquity in those days. If you were bored in the afternoon (no satellite television let alone Internet in those days) you could stroll into their coffee shop after lunch, pick up a boy - there were plenty who hung around - and head off to their short-time rooms. It was little more than a gay brothel. The Golden Cock was also open of an afternoon, but I sampled its delights only once - cold water bathing, a room with no airconditioning and a (possibly cum-stained) mattress on the floor didn't really hold much allure

I still use the Suriwong Hotel's short-time rooms occasionally; I picked up a guy in Silom Complex recently and we went there. For the record, no money changed hands; he just had a thing for Westerners

12. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 18th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    ..The Suriwong Hotel was a complete den of iniquity in those days. If you were bored in the afternoon (no satellite television let alone Internet in those days) you could stroll into their coffee shop after lunch, pick up a boy - there were plenty who hung around - and head off to their short-time rooms. It was little more than a gay brothel.
    Glad to say I visited and stayed in the Suriwongse Hotel (as on their business card!) before the refurb and the kicking out of the freelancers and can confirm all that you say about it.

I do remember a guy who must have been in his 90's and extremely bad at walking, being helped into the lift and thence to his room for nookie by 3 (yes 3) boys he picked up in the Coffee Shop. Must admit I sat and drank beer whist waiting to see how long the boys stayed with him

The most bizarre thing I found was that whilst all the nefarious and dubious activities were going on, do you know the one thing they kept a tight rein on ????

The toilet roll!

If you wanted to use the lobby toilets you had to request the toilet roll from the security guard at a desk at reception and you were expected to return it after use! If you forgot to ask and went str8 into the toilet you'd be in some difficulty

Liked

Where is Robinsons?

Liked

From memory come out of Suriwongse Hotel, cross Suriwong Road towards entrance to Soi Twilight, turn right and walk along Surawong Rd, and turn left at a major junction

That's all I remember - don't even know if Robinson's still exists