Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: No country for old men?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: No country for old men?

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    The conservative writings from the post ww 2 era discusses in detail the need for government to provide a framework for people. Including things like healthcare, education, transport infrastructure. Conservatism has been radicalized to the point where human beings are near commodities and if people are sick, old, or lacking money for basic human rights like food, shelter and healthcare...well fuck them..they are bad people who made bad decisions and they can die. Conservatives in my family spew that hate
    I'm by no means a conservative - far from it - but I do believe in individual responsibility at some level. If people believe the system is broke - then go fix it. Have you actively lobbied for a new healthcare system? I know many people who have talked about how horrible the current system is (and I would tend to agree), but funny thing is that I know nobody who has actively set out to try to fix it. So, since that has not occurred, yes - I took matters and take care of myself and my family. I guess I am just stupid then for expecting others to do the same? I have a cousin who espouses your type of thinking. She has been on 'disability' for over 20 years. Funny thing is - she plays softball two night a week, smokes like a chimney, and spends her days trying to get more money out of the government. Again - why should my taxes go to pay for crap like that? My other cousin - her sister - works her ass off, pays taxes, and lives in near poverty. No wonder people the world over are looking for handouts. It's kind of nice having a government just give you everything you need without you having to work for it. My parents certainly never had a gig like that!

Banned
    Liked

Re: No country for old men?

Quote Originally Posted by kkjason View Post
    I have a cousin who espouses your type of thinking. She has been on 'disability' for over 20 years. Funny thing is - she plays softball two night a week, smokes like a chimney, and spends her days trying to get more money out of the government. Again - why should my taxes go to pay for crap like that? !
    Ah yes, find some exception and then claim that justifies the harsh attitude you champion because it "must" represent what everyone on welfare is like

3. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (June 14th, 2018)