List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think I know Jomtien -but I don't!

Liked

I think I know Jomtien -but I don't!

Dearly beloved Brethren...

I am about to embark on what will be my thirtieth visit to Pattya in twenty-five years.

Last Christmas (George Michael?), I took the plunge and stayed for the first time in Jomtien, after years of residing in Boystown and the Soi Day-Night area. I enjoyed staying in Jomtien so much last December that I have decided to visit again imminently - within days - having just spotted a return non-stop flight from LHR to BKK with Thai for £530. Isn't the quest for good value tickets like fishing? You sit staring at the screen and wait. You cast the net and its the same old inflated prices or lengthy stopovers mid-way, and then BANG, you net one of these sudden gems that appears on the airline's main site rather than on the site of a broker. I can recall paying that kind of money over twenty years ago with Thai. Mind you, last Autumn Thai were quoting over £1,000 for the same flight for the Christmas period. The Christmas period? Why does that dreadful joke come to mind? Why does Boots the Chemist adorn all of their tampons with holly and mistletoe in December? When shoppers complained a spokesman was heard to say, "Calm down, dear, it's just for the Christmas period"!

A few questions, if I may, for those aficionados of Jomtien: in other words, those who know the ins and outs (no double entendre intended). The lay of the land?

1. I have moved away from the traditional English breakfast in favour of fresh croissants (continental breakfast) and good coffee. Any recommendations please within the vicinity of Jomtien Complex?
    2. I am a fan of the show at The Venue, so I will have a couple of beers before and after. Any recommendations re: reasonably priced beer bars, with or without host company, where customers are less likely to be ripped off by over-priced beers?
    3. Always happy to hear of other members' contemporary recommendations in terms of venues for evening meals in Jomtien.
    4. Finally, I am going to use my in-phone apps (romeo, hornet and grindr) to seek some company when I don't appear in Toy Boys, Nice Boys or Cupidol. Is there an app that is favoured more than others in Pattaya? It's my first attempt at fishing using apps! I wonder what I'll catch? (Yes, yes, I know what's coming)!

Here endeth the lesson!

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 20th, 2018), travelerjim (June 14th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: I think I know Jomtien -but I don't!

I think you'll find that it won't be so much fishing that you'll be doing as swimming to keep up as I'm sure your phone will be binging like a boots till at the Christmas period ( ha I laughed at that joke :-)

Meanwhile it seems your likes are similar to my own so I look forward to reading the suggestions too.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (June 14th, 2018), travelerjim (June 14th, 2018)

Liked

What hotel did you use in Jomptien? I love Toy Boys as well,, when you were there was it a hassle to go there when your hotel was in Jomptien; especially bringing back a guest?

Liked

I look forward to more replies,sorry I am so shy guys

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    What hotel did you use in Jomptien? I love Toy Boys as well,, when you were there was it a hassle to go there when your hotel was in Jomptien; especially bringing back a guest?
    I found that as I tuned into the Cambodian boys who dominate the Complex, the need to visit Boystown became less pressing as there were so many very attractive guys working in Jomtien. My regular masseur, whom I have known for some years, from Copa bar, would visit me in Jomtien when I called him from the hotel. I didn't take anyone from BT or Sunee to Jomtien, as there was so much choice, and a most vibrant party atmosphere, in Jomtien.

8. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 14th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    I found that as I tuned into the Cambodian boys who dominate the Complex, the need to visit Boystown became less pressing as there were so many very attractive guys working in Jomtien. My regular masseur, whom I have known for some years, from Copa bar, would visit me in Jomtien when I called him from the hotel. I didn't take anyone from BT or Sunee to Jomtien, as there was so much choice, and a most vibrant party atmosphere, in Jomtien.
    Having said all that, I always make a point of visiting Sunee to re-acquaint myself with the ghosts of Christmas past and to say hi to Pai and her son, Joy, at the green chairs bar (Sunee Plaza Bar). From there it's off to BT to say hello to Nana at Panorama and Max at Serene Bar next door.

By the way, Paborn, I understand that some of the hotels and go-go bars in the area offer short-time rooms if someone takes your fancy and there's am overwhelming desire to swap bodily fluids sooner rather than later.

Have any members eaten recently in the Nam Sing Chinese Restaurant on Second Street? Last December it was not as good. It was always a favourite of mine. I hope it has picked up.

10. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 14th, 2018)

Liked

Great stuff Poshglasgow. I love the idea of an impulse trip to Pattaya. An alignment of low airfares and high libido. Jomtien is indeed full of boys and it's a rare night where they don't have a party somewhere down there. Have a great time.

12. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (June 15th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...what a nice topic and civil replies...no bitching to date...how very refreshing

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (June 14th, 2018), poshglasgow (June 15th, 2018), travelerjim (June 14th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Having said all that, I always make a point of visiting Sunee to re-acquaint myself with the ghosts of Christmas past and to say hi to Pai and her son, Joy, at the green chairs bar (Sunee Plaza Bar). From there it's off to BT to say hello to Nana at Panorama and Max at Serene Bar next door.

By the way, Paborn, I understand that some of the hotels and go-go bars in the area offer short-time rooms if someone takes your fancy and there's am overwhelming desire to swap bodily fluids sooner rather than later.

Have any members eaten recently in the Nam Sing Chinese Restaurant on Second Street? Last December it was not as good. It was always a favourite of mine. I hope it has picked up.
    Thanks! Good idea. But, which hotel would you use in Jomtien? I'm wavering between the Venure and the Agate.

Liked

Important. Whichever you choose make sure you get a room facing away from the soi. Some of those parties go on very late and are very loud.

17. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 14th, 2018)