List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think I know Jomtien -but I don't!

Liked

Re: I think I know Jomtien -but I don't!

In answer to the OP's questions:
    1) Poseidon does a decent continental breakfast; good coffee in an area not famous for good coffee.
    2) I think all the bars near the Venue are much of a muchness when it comes to drink prices.
    3) My favourite Jomtien restaurants include Toto (good thin crust pizzas), Pan Pan (great minestrone and pasta), Indian by Nature (good Indian food in classy surroundings), Tinnies (pie and mash prepared by a friendly Australian who knows his stuff), Maggs (good English pub-style grub - a bit further away down Thepprasit but worth the hike), Poseidon (good spicy tomato soup and tender steaks), Dick's Cafe (reliable longstanding place for Thai food and international snacks). Yupins in the main gay soi has its loyal fans but it's not somewhere I eat after some disappointing meals.
    4) Gay Romeo is good for the Pattaya area.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 14th, 2018), Asia Traveler (June 14th, 2018), christianpfc (July 20th, 2018), poshglasgow (June 15th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Any recommendations for Thai food? we liked Dick's Cafe but the other places we tried were rather ordinary.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    1) Poseidon does a decent continental breakfast; good coffee in an area not famous for good coffee.
    2) I think all the bars near the Venue are much of a muchness when it comes to drink prices.
    3) My favourite Jomtien restaurants include Toto (good thin crust pizzas), Pan Pan (great minestrone and pasta), Indian by Nature (good Indian food in classy surroundings), Tinnies (pie and mash prepared by a friendly Australian who knows his stuff), Maggs (good English pub-style grub - a bit further away down Thepprasit but worth the hike), Poseidon (good spicy tomato soup and tender steaks), Dick's Cafe (reliable longstanding place for Thai food and international snacks). Yupins in the main gay soi has its loyal fans but it's not somewhere I eat after some disappointing meals.
    Additionally, for breakfast, there is Big Kahuna, Pirate's Bay, Continental Bakery, Sandbar. For dinner there is Nathan's and across the street a new place featuring Venezuelan cuisine called Arepas(recommended!).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Great stuff Poshglasgow. I love the idea of an impulse trip to Pattaya. An alignment of low airfares and high libido. Jomtien is indeed full of boys and it's a rare night where they don't have a party somewhere down there. Have a great time.
    Thanks Arsenal.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Thanks! Good idea. But, which hotel would you use in Jomtien? I'm wavering between the Venure and the Agate.
    Both have their advantages. The great thing about the Venue is that if you fancy one of the dancers all you have to do is sweet talk him after the show and invite him upstairs to your room. Now, as to whether he accepts or not is another matter and I'm not sure on the hotel's policy in respect of this. I have never taken a show boy to my room at the Venue but I have shared a drink or two with some of them after the show at Donna's bar. I am also a great fan of the @home bar next door to The Venue. it is run by a fellow Scotsman and he has a crew of good-looking Cambodian waiters!

Both hotels,though, (and don't forget Zing) have strengths and weaknesses. The Venue cabaret at 21:00 hrs is a huge plus, in my opinion.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    Great, many thanks Snotface. This is most helpful.

p.s. I still get terribly embarrassed typing 'Snotface'! I always feel that, in doing so, I am slipping a naughty note, in the days when I was an eight-year-old, to my classmate while focussed on the alarming stream of 'lava' escaping from the French teacher's left nostril.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Any recommendations for Thai food? we liked Dick's Cafe but the other places we tried were rather ordinary.
    Thanks Oliver 2, I have heard of Dick's Cafe mentioned before. I will take a look when I'm in Jomtien next week.

Liked

I've been convinced to stay in Jomtien rather than boys town next trip. Now, if I can make up my mind whether to use the Agate of the Venue!!!!!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U View Post
    Additionally, for breakfast, there is Big Kahuna, Pirate's Bay, Continental Bakery, Sandbar. For dinner there is Nathan's and across the street a new place featuring Venezuelan cuisine called Arepas(recommended!).
    Many thanks Up2U, I will certainly take a look.

I seem to recall that when I was in Jomtien in December I came across a Farang-owned business that focussed strongly on pies and they looked excellent. I'm sure they tasted good too, but I had just had breakfast before walking into the establishment for a coffee. Interesting to note that there were Thais and Farang buying pies.

"I'm sorry, did you just say that snake and pygmy is the pie of the day?"
    "No, you silly sod, I said steak and kidney!"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Many thanks Up2U, I will certainly take a look.

I seem to recall that when I was in Jomtien in December I came across a Farang-owned business that focussed strongly on pies and they looked excellent. I'm sure they tasted good too, but I had just had breakfast before walking into the establishment for a coffee. Interesting to note that there were Thais and Farang buying pies.

"I'm sorry, did you just say that snake and pygmy is the pie of the day?"
    "No, you silly sod, I said steak and kidney!"
    There are so many places in Jomtien now and you are right, the place is called Tinnie's Pies and it's on the corner by Dicks Cafe. They are Australian meat pies and highly recommended!