Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thai Buddhism today

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thai Buddhism today

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    When I was working in the US some of my Christian Protestant colleagues believed that Christian Catholics weren't "really" Christians.
    Come here to sunny Northern Ireland and I'll show 350,000 God fearing Ulster Protestants who will GUARANTEE you that they're not !

2. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (June 17th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oh how i love the way a topic on Buddhism ends up on whos the most christian of us all....hilarious

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I have the same feeling. The media in the West is dominated by anti Christian journalists. So bad news for Catholicism is made front page news and the story is kept alive. However in other professions that work with children, like teaching, the abuse rate is far higher. But you wouldn’t know because no front page articles, no articles giving a background analysis, because in that case journalists care far less. How else to explain this difference in reporting?

The number of adult female teachers who have sex with underage boys is higher in my view than priests who do the same. I get that idea because tabloid papers frequently mention stories like this. But it is never reported as one big story about the widespread pedophilia among female teachers. It are stand alone stories. However a single priest who abuses, is not reported as a stand alone story, but put in context of the Church. And when three priests in one month are accused the Church is put on trial. The teaching profession never gets that treatment.

This difference in how stories like this are reported give the average Joe the idea the Catholic Church is full of pedo’s. I dare to bet that the teaching profession is the true hegemon in employing pedophiles.
    I often wonder where you get your information. "in my view" is not a citation of credible sourcing. I take no side in this; however, if you look at the insurance companies who provide policies to protect organizations you will find that, at least in the US , catholic priests, protestant ministers, rabbis all "sin" at a rate of about 4%. Teachers are a little higher at 5% the issue with catholocism was that the hierarchy hid the issues, covered them up until they all broke at once. You idea that adult female teachers having sex with boys is higher than preists may or may not be true but cite your source. This post has as much validity as your opinion on pasta! Where do you get these notions?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    oh how i love the way a topic on Buddhism ends up on whos the most christian of us all....hilarious
    Since most of us are sexually promiscuous, one thing for sure is that the answer is NONE OF US

Forum's veteran
    Liked

thats where I disagree...sex is not dirty,,,,its to be enjoyed...now im not gonna say that we should do it in the streets at midday and scare scotty....but its not evil or bad or dirty...its fun and good and healthy...dont let religious constraints limit your horizons

7. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 18th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

thats where I disagree...sex is not dirty,,,,its to be enjoyed...now im not gonna say that we should do it in the streets at midday and scare scotty....but its not evil or bad or dirty...its fun and good and healthy...dont let religious constraints limit your horizons
    On what basis do you disagree that every major religion disapproves of sexual promiscuity?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

now thats a stoooopid comment...especially for u frequent

Banned
    Liked

now thats a stoooopid comment...especially for u frequent
    Here's a simpler solution for you Latin. Go see your parish priest and say "I travel thousands of kilometres to have paid sex with young men in Third World countries. Am I still a good Catholic boy?". Report back with the answer

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Here's a simpler solution for you Latin. Go see your parish priest and say "I travel thousands of kilometres to have paid sex with young men in Third World countries. Am I still a good Catholic boy?". Report back with the answer
    Why is it bad? It is win win. They benefit and we too. The 1000 baht per hour they get is far far more than they can get with another job. So how is this bad or exploiting them. It’s the opposite: we treat them very well. At least I do. I respect them, tip good. How is paying for sex different than paying someone to clean your room?

But I agree in official Catholicism sex is only to be done to procreate. And with your own partner. But according to that logic there are very few real Catholics and for gays it is a bit difficult to procreate.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    I often wonder where you get your information. "in my view" is not a citation of credible sourcing. I take no side in this; however, if you look at the insurance companies who provide policies to protect organizations you will find that, at least in the US , catholic priests, protestant ministers, rabbis all "sin" at a rate of about 4%. Teachers are a little higher at 5% the issue with catholocism was that the hierarchy hid the issues, covered them up until they all broke at once. You idea that adult female teachers having sex with boys is higher than preists may or may not be true but cite your source. This post has as much validity as your opinion on pasta! Where do you get these notions?
    I get this information from my intuition. And logical thinking. Say you are a pedophile, than you want to work with children, be around them. In this secular age what better way for this than the teaching profession. And when you read certain newspapers there hardly goes by a week when I read about female teachers and underage boys. In American news you read this regularly. But a bishop is forced to answer questions like “what is the Church doing to prevent priests abusing children? Why so many priests are pedo”. School directors, ministers of education don’t get these questions when a teacher is caught. It is never put into context, always reported as stand alone stories. There is a huge difference between reporting. I would love to see the teaching profession being reported on the same way as the Church.

13. User who gave Like to post:

llz (June 19th, 2018)