Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thai Buddhism today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Thai Buddhism today

asDaRa, you have made some interesting observations about paedophiles in the teaching profession.

I have no idea if your assertions are true or not. Do you have any facts and figures to back up your argument?

Surely one of the reasons the media come down so hard on paedophile priests is because they are participating in institutionslised child abuse - abuse which is prohibited by the doctrine of the religion they purport to represent. It is this betrayal of the teachings of their religion that the media is also highlighting.

From my experience, just about all the Thais I've ever met consider themselves Buddhists. I don't know exactly what they expect from their religion, but if it is simply to ask for favours, then they are not alone in that regard.

Banned
    Liked

Re: Thai Buddhism today

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Do you have any facts and figures to back up your argument?.
    Facts and figures - evidence-based posts? That would be novel requirement on this Forum