Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fun on snap with viking bear?

Liked

Re: Fun on snap with viking bear?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    . . . Now there's a feature we didn't have: on the original board Mods could delete by post, except the Original Post.
    Delete the OP ... you automatically delete the entire thread. I like this feature here better.
    Thank you Smiles for the information contained in the above quote. I wish I had known that at the time as I attempted three times to delete the OP, without deleting the subsequent five posts by you and other members, something I was determined not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    What a nice post from Jelly. Well you get full marks points for trying if nothing else JB.
    And thanks also NIrish-guy. Your comments are much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Jellyman
    Is there any reason why say the first six or ten posts, by a newby, cannot be held whilst being positively vetted by a mod? Even if it takes a day or two. After 6 or 10 acceptable posts let them go ‘solo’.

I know many boards that do exactly this.

After all how many new posters do we have?

And perhaps even more relevant, how many newby’s immediately cause trouble?!!

If needs be can’t your programme be changed?
    QED.
    You are correct gerefan2, the first five posts of new members are normally vetted and approved by a moderator before they are allowed on Sawatdee for precisely the reason we saw yesterday. It occurred during my watch, but I did not however vet or approve the OP and do not understand why or how it made its way on to the forum. It is something that we are currently looking into.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Now that reminds me of an occasion I tried to delete a post and I ended up deleting not only the intended post but a reply to it from Fountainhall - and as you know there is a safeguard dialogue box but if you fuck that up too then once the post is gone, it's gone! (or at least that used to be the case)

Well I think it was about a year before Fountainhall would accept that it was entirely accidental!

Can I just add that with the deletion of the OP nobody coming later knows what the thread is about.

Yes, I recall that episode scottish-guy. In fact, I always bear it in mind every time my finger hovers over a button choosing, what I hope will be, the correct moderating action available to me.

I also understand your point scottish-guy. The choice I was left with was to either edit the OP or delete the OP and the five subsequent posts by other members. The latter option was a route I was most unwilling to go down. I therefore chose to edit the OP and leave the rest of the thread intact, which, in true SGT style has, I see, morphed into something else entirely. And as can be seen, Moses sometime later banned the new member.

As for the content of the OP, of course it is something we should now not discuss. But by looking at the title of the topic and filling in the dots, I believe you will pretty soon, if you have not already done so, establish what was contained within the deleted post.

Lastly, I have probably said way more than is normally done in cases of this type, so I hope members will understand when I say that I now have nothing further to add on the subject.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Opps I've just (barely) noticed the so called penis in that pic, not sure if that's allowed or not ( does it cover soft or hard .....or just VERY small and gross in the rules, I dont know) - if it's in breach feel free to delete JB.

Liked

Opps I've just (barely) noticed the so called penis in that pic, not sure if that's allowed or not ( does it cover soft or hard .....or just VERY small and gross in the rules, I dont know) - if it's in breach feel free to delete JB.
    Until you mentioned the 'p' word NIrish-guy, I thought I had seen a button mushroom.

I think I shall pass the decision on to Moses and leave it up to him to decide. Maybe he can pixelate or crop the photo or he may well decide to leave it in place.

Liked

To small to crop. To help protect members from gagging "en masse" (and suing Moses) I suggest a deep six ... NOW!
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Totally off topic ( i there ever was one ) but Smiles can I ask just out of interest where that saying “to deep six” something comes from - I assume it means to delete or bin or heavily “file” something never to be found again type thing ?

Liked

" ... where that saying “to deep six” something comes from ... "
    It's an old English nautical saying regarding keeping a watch on the depth within which a large boat is sailing: 6 fathoms shouted out tells the captain whether there's trouble a-brewing or not.
    Jump to the 20th century and it has taken the same phrase and changed it a bit into "something that is discarded". The mafia uses it as well, i.e. tossing a weighted-down dead body into the drink, along with the fishes.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ahh I see, well there ya go. Learn something new every day eh. Thanks.