Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More worries for Boyztown bar-owners

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: More worries for Boyztown bar-owners

Anyone can go to the Land Office office on Threpasit Soi 17 and request to see land titles (chanotes). It's free or nearly so, but the queue is daunting. I haven't done that for these properties, I had no reason to do that, but I've lived here for many years and as I go around I notice what's public and what isn't. There are plenty of visual clues. The type of streetlights, presence of speed bumps, signage, and much more. I've also spoken with some who rent space in Jomtien Complex, and there have been plenty of board threads about Sunee over the years.

Property, how it's managed (or isn't) is just an interest of mine. And even though I'm not a citizen, I tend to mutter and grumble about encroachment, usually because it means I have to stumble out into traffic.

Street names and maps are a fuzzier thing here than in Peoria or Slough. In Thailand, a public street will usually have a small blue sign. I've never seen an official government map of Pattaya. Google and others show streets that are open to the public without indicating if they are actually public property.

Anyway, back to the topic, don't be concerned about Boyztown. Pushbacks on encroachment are like a hard rain in December. They are rare and don't last long.

2. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 9th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by mahjongguy View Post
    Anyone can go to the Land Office office on Threpasit Soi 17 and request to see land titles (chanotes). It's free or nearly so, but the queue is daunting.
    I wonder why so many people in Pattaya want to know who owns what plot of land (I mean why else the queue). Or the queue is maybe for other reasons also then just looking up who owns what in Pattaya.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I wonder why so many people in Pattaya want to know who owns what plot of land (I mean why else the queue). Or the queue is maybe for other reasons also then just looking up who owns what in Pattaya.
    As a member of the homeowner's association I once went to the Land Office and had them pull the chanotes for all 70 properties in our mooban. We made copies for our records and even uncovered some useful contact info.

Of course many go there to buy or sell or lease property.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    ....I wonder why so many people in Pattaya want to know who owns what....
    It's purely a gay thing - they fear running low on gossip-ammunition

6. User who gave Like to post:

travelerjim (June 9th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

If you had visited Shitsville more than once in the past decade, you might have been honored by Soi Scottie

8. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (June 9th, 2018)

Liked

Being a shy and self-deprecating sort of chap I didn't like to include myself in the list - but Soi Scottie does seem apposite and with a show of fake reluctance worthy of an Oscar nomination I would accept it

Anyway - John F Kennedy has a Strasse in Berlin and he visited that wonderful city far less often than I've visited Pattaya .

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Being a shy and self-deprecating sort of chap I didn't like to include myself in the list - but Soi Scottie does seem apposite and with a show of fake reluctance worthy of an Oscar nomination I would accept it

Anyway - John F Kennedy has a Strasse in Berlin and he visited that wonderful city far less often than I've visited Pattaya .
    "a self-deprecating sort of chap": I wonder if Pat Pong was of a similar disposition?

Liked

Once, just once I would like to hear of a new policy implementation from 'the authorities' that I agree with. I can't see who this will benefit unless they want to start charging for placing tables/chairs on their shiny new road.

Liked

I would guess that these are temporary measures due to the closure of beach road to traffic on Fri & sat for the international fireworks festival?
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    I would guess that these are temporary measures due to the closure of beach road to traffic on Fri & sat for the international fireworks festival?
    Sadly I don't think that's the case as as the Sois have been painted with white lines and arrows indicating two lanes and yellow marking on the corners.