Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More worries for Boyztown bar-owners

Liked

Re: More worries for Boyztown bar-owners

I might be wrong in this. But, I've read over the years that Patpong is named for the Patpong family who own every square inch. Those are not city sois but just part of the complex.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Patpong was indeed owned and created by the Patpong family. I had some dealings with Udom Patpong, the prime mover in it's development. He seemed a gentlemanly sort of chap, educated in England and then in the States. A most unlikely person to be responsible for creating what once seemed to be the sex centre of the world!

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (June 10th, 2018), Surfcrest (June 10th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    . Last evening , I watched as bar owners were instructed to move their over-spill tables and chairs, as well as their advertising boards into the bars, freeing-up the soi for two-way traffic.
    By who?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Patpong was indeed owned and created by the Patpong family. I had some dealings with Udom Patpong, the prime mover in it's development. He seemed a gentlemanly sort of chap, educated in England and then in the States. A most unlikely person to be responsible for creating what once seemed to be the sex centre of the world!
    Oh, I don't know. I'm university educated, well read and, I think, a " gentlemanly sort of chap" and I would have built a boy toy complex. Can't think of a better gift to humanity.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 10th, 2018), bobsaigon2 (June 10th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Being a shy and self-deprecating sort of chap I didn't like to include myself in the list - but Soi Scottie does seem apposite and with a show of fake reluctance worthy of an Oscar nomination I would accept it

Anyway - John F Kennedy has a Strasse in Berlin and he visited that wonderful city far less often than I've visited Pattaya .
    "a self-deprecating sort of chap": I wonder if Pat Pong was of a similar disposition?

Liked

Pat Pong?

Was he that Irishman I witnessed shit himself on the terrace of LCR after sitting drinking numerous glasses of Rum & Pep on a day when the temperature exceeded 40c?

He also projectile vomited at the same time - with his dentures ending up almost in the doorway of Funny Boys.

He was wearing light coloured shorts too.

True story.

9. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (June 11th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Pat Pong?

Was he that Irishman I witnessed shit himself on the terrace of LCR after sitting drinking numerous glasses of Rum & Pep on a day when the temperature exceeded 40c?

He also projectile vomited at the same time - with his dentures ending up almost in the doorway of Funny Boys.

He was wearing light coloured shorts too.

True story.
    Wearing light coloured shorts while drinking... dark coloured shorts!!

"...with his dentures ending up almost in the doorway of Funny Boys." The tooth fairy? (Fangs for the memory).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    I would guess that these are temporary measures due to the closure of beach road to traffic on Fri & sat for the international fireworks festival?
    Sadly I don't think that's the case as as the Sois have been painted with white lines and arrows indicating two lanes and yellow marking on the corners.

Liked

The BT soi was always two ways, a car or taxi could enter from 2nd Rd. or get there from Beach Rd. using Soi 13/4(ABomb) Soi. Of course, mb's have there own set of rules. The sois connecting 2nd and Beach Rds. are one way and the directions are staggered. Just looks like the parking rules will enforced (for about a month anyway).

13. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 11th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I misinterpreted the signs in my original post. It is now clear from the arrows that the one-way system is being maintained in all three sois. By "maintained" I mean (as Up2U points out) ignored when inconvenient.