Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: condo rental

Liked

Re: condo rental

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U View Post
    ""just dont rent to short term renters" - there's good and bad in ever bunch of renters, the hard part is just deciding which is which I guess".... People are making this unnecessarily completed, simply put it is against the law to rent a condo for less than 30 days. Just answer the rhetorical question, would you want a short-term renter living in your own condominium building or neighborhood back in your home country? I wouldn't do it to you so please don't do it to us. There are hotels, serviced apartments and guesthouses available for your vacation pleasure.
    Its also as has been said before against the law, to pay a boy or girl to have sex No one on here says stop that,. firstly pattaya would come to a grinding halt . Pattaya is not and never will be a family resort unless the police have a 100% crackdown which will never happen ( too much tea money to be made ) improve the beaches, stop the crap in the sea etc Untill theres a 100% stoppage of condo rental by the goverment , nothing will happen , its not the holiday renter to blame . its the absent owner or those who have more than 1 condo who want to rent out where the blame should lie. Most condo blocks have a managment comittie , thats where it should start

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Simply put it's against the law to use prostitutes in Thailand - but I'm still going to do that - AND - I'm still going to use short term renting if it suits ME and the renter - against the law or NOT. I could care less about that or many laws, if I was to live my life worrying about am I breaking this law or that I'd end up staying in bed all day just.

I do understand the issues that short term renting can sometimes bring to places but condo owners insisting that others shouldn't do it as "they don't like it" ( or it's against the law) grates with me a tad, people should be allowed to do what they will with their own property and all the cries of "please dont do that" sound to me more like a case of "Nimby" condo owners complaining ( Nimby standing for Not In My Back Yard).

As SG said this "follow the law" argument being applied "when it suits" when other laws are ignored "when it suits" grates a bit too. If a property is available and half the cost of a hotel and I look after it and don't cause issues with the neighbours I dont see why anyone shouldn't rent to me if they so wish - apart from it being "against the law" - but I think I've already covered my thoughts on that topic.

PS if the law states no rentals for under 30 days - then fine and renters simply rent for 31 days - then the legal and renting problem is solved for all parties then surely - but I'm guessing that still do it for some ? So, where's the line - as I think what condo owners mean is no renting of condo's FULL STOP please more like - as as I've already shown, whether it be for a month or a year a bad renter is a bad renter and we all can't and shouldn't be tarred with the same brush.

I'm guessing the "law" is damned all to do with protecting condo owners anyway and is more concerned with collecting unpaid yet to be levied taxes from landlords who DO rent their property anyway,
    Last edited by Nirish guy; June 8th, 2018 at 16:11.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Somehow a few of you are missing the point, the law is not meant for you as wouldbe short time renters it is meant soley for the property owner and only they are subject to breaking the law you are nothing in the equation.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ahhh but apparently "we" the renters are everything to the subject otherwise you condo owner complainers wouldn't be getting your knickers in such a twist over the issue in the first place perhaps .....but god to know that "I'm not breaking the law anyway, I'll sleep better tonight when I book my next short term rental perhaps and the landlord happily takes my money as a contribution towards his monthly mortgage payments and or bar boy ( delete as appropriate)

Liked

No knickers in a twist and it's not about "you" or "we" and certainly nothing personal. Our issue is with the unit owners that act illegally and the internet "tools" at their disposal. We are simply making people aware of the problem. Those cumming here and illegally renting condos can relax, like prostitution the punter has nothing to fear, it is the prostitute that gets arrested and fined. Enjoy your next holiday.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (June 9th, 2018)

Liked

In the larger condos like where i rent at Pratunmak with over 1200 rooms there is little to differentiate beteween the behavior of unit owners and long and short term renters.

People talk loudly in hallways, especially the cleaning staff and renovators, slam doors shut, play music loudly, have loud conversations on their phones in the hallways, smoke in non smoking areas and basically do not care at all about their neighbors. On two occasions and early in the morning i was woken by two girls fighting and screaming at each other in the hallways. Security are not too keen to confront residents about their behavior, especially late at night. Management ignore requests to put signs up asking for quiet etc.

Before my lease expires I will look for a smaller condo building with fewer apartments and preferably no short term renters allowed like MFAS has found. A corner room is also recommended so you do not have other residents passing by your room making noise.

I did stay in View Talay 2B which has many Airbnb rooms and found it better than my current apartment as far as residents behavior was concerned and generally very quiet. Other friends recommend View Talay 5 on the Pattaya side of the building closest to the beach.

Liked

Everybody knows that many/most SGT members are multi-millionaires - so why they buy Condos and then complain about the neighbours, rather than buying detached houses where they would have none of these problems, has me scratching my head

Liked

No knickers in a twist and it's not about "you" or "we" and certainly nothing personal. Our issue is with the unit owners that act illegally and the internet "tools" at their disposal. We are simply making people aware of the problem. Those cumming here and illegally renting condos can relax, like prostitution the punter has nothing to fear, it is the prostitute that gets arrested and fined. Enjoy your next holiday.
    If you dont mind me asking , what condo do u live in when in pattaya ?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Everybody knows that many/most SGT members are multi-millionaires - so why they buy Condos and then complain about the neighbours, rather than buying detached houses where they would have none of these problems, has me scratching my head
    I'm not a multimillionaire, just a farang enjoying retirement with his bf. Just so you know foreigners can't own homes here, the only way to have a deed in your name is a condo.

Liked

I'm not a multimillionaire, just a farang enjoying retirement with his bf. Just so you know foreigners can't own homes here, the only way to have a deed in your name is a condo.
    Vt7. I have friends in all the View Talay's except Vt8.