Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: condo rental

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: condo rental

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    You cant tar every body with the same brush , not all short term renters are the same
    No one can check which renter is good which is bad, just follow the law...do not rent a private residence short time!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

2. User who gave Like to post:

Up2U (June 8th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    ... just follow the law...
    Whilst selectively ignoring the law against prostitution and doing your best to financially encourage the breaking of that law

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Whilst selectively ignoring the law against prostitution and doing your best to financially encourage the breaking of that law

At what point do you get bored posting persistant trite comments?

5. 5 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 8th, 2018), francois (June 8th, 2018), lonelywombat (June 8th, 2018), pennyboy (June 8th, 2018), Up2U (June 8th, 2018)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Oh the triter the better, as the bishop said to the actress when he reached the back passage.

Liked

At what point do you get bored posting persistant trite comments?
    When others stop posting hypocritical content - so my guess is "not anytime soon"

You could always utilise the "ignore" feature - I eschewed it for years before recently applying to a certain person, and its effect has been marvellous - almost medicinal in fact. I thoroughly recommend it.

8. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 8th, 2018)

Liked

No one can check which renter is good which is bad, just follow the law...do not rent a private residence short time!
    As i said in an earler post i rent for short time approx 2 weeks , does that make me a bad renter just because i some times bring a boy back . I could rent for a longer time such as 1 month and still be a bad renter , ie having loud parties , I dont really see your point.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    As i said in an earler post i rent for short time approx 2 weeks , does that make me a bad renter just because i some times bring a boy back . I could rent for a longer time such as 1 month and still be a bad renter , ie having loud parties , I dont really see your point.
    That's a straw man fallacy. My new neighbor bought the adjacent unit and brings back boys regularly. He's a great person and is in full compliance with condo rules. It's the short-term renter that creates our problems. Again, this became an issue several years ago with flagrant disregard for other people and the law.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Likewise I too am a short renter of apartments and have rented many places in many Countries both via Airbnb and privately and I've never had or left any negative experiences for any landlord ( that I know of). Airbnb for instance allows both the renter and the landlord to leave public comments about the other to specifically ensure that future renters and landlords CAN check each other out and any info on any nonsense from either party is quite easily passed on and it would absolutely affect your ability to rent again on that particular platform and either party would need to have a good excuse ready as to why the other person left them a negative review and star rating it that was showing on their profile even once - and if more than that I'm guessing you could forget renting there.

I too have been a landlord of several properties in the recent past and I could tell you some real horror stories about the state some of my yearly long term renters left their houses in before I had to physically and legally evict some of them. This includes anything from them just not cleaning the place and leaving it like a total pigsty that you wouldn't believe humans could live in, to them refusing to open ANY windows to allow any ventilation about the place but whilst having either no heating on OR the heating never off and so causing damp to occur. \

Or then right up to my finding used and bloody syringes complete with their needles intact and finding out my wonderful tenants were in fact HIV+ intravenous drug users and pushers ! Oh I could go on. One guy cut into the mains gas pipes in an attempt to try to by passed the gas metre from the street metre to avoid paying for gas - he literally could and would have blown up the entire street if I hadn't of walked in and caught him red handed in the act cutting and bypassing the pipes and in fact his actions were so dangerous that myself and the police and local authorities all conspired (fully legally) to prosecute him in court to ensure that he was jailed for a year ( and a day) so that he could then be deported back to eastern Europe from whence he came for his reckless actions !

So, as aot871 says above I really dont think it's as easy as saying "just dont rent to short term renters" - there's good and bad in ever bunch of renters, the hard part is just deciding which is which I guess ( which it turns out it seems I was particularly shit at sometimes - but not all the time I might add as I did have some great long terms too who I have actually become good friends with now).

12. User who gave Like to post:

travelerjim (June 8th, 2018)

Liked

Someone said "opinions are like assholes everyone has one" however, atleast in Thailand the law is clear that to rent property less than 30 days the landlord needs a hotel license and must pay tax on the rental income!
    Last edited by Manforallseasons; June 8th, 2018 at 12:37.

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

travelerjim (June 8th, 2018), Up2U (June 8th, 2018)

Liked

""just dont rent to short term renters" - there's good and bad in ever bunch of renters, the hard part is just deciding which is which I guess".... People are making this unnecessarily completed, simply put it is against the law to rent a condo for less than 30 days. Just answer the rhetorical question, would you want a short-term renter living in your own condominium building or neighborhood back in your home country? I wouldn't do it to you so please don't do it to us. There are hotels, serviced apartments and guesthouses available for your vacation pleasure.