Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: condo rental

Liked

Re: condo rental

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    I for one would not be like your friend ie paying for 1 month and only staying for 3 weeks , a complete waste of my money.
    Not really. It depends on the rental contract. A monthly rental might be 20,000 Baht but a daily rental for three weeks could be at 1000 Baht/day x 21 days = 21,000 Baht. Depends who you rent from.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Not really. It depends on the rental contract. A monthly rental might be 20,000 Baht but a daily rental for three weeks could be at 1000 Baht/day x 21 days = 21,000 Baht. Depends who you rent from.
    Exactly. And you are legal.

3. User who gave Like to post:

francois (June 7th, 2018)

Liked

I think it will be very interesting to watch the effect of this ruling on rental availability and the value of condos.

As someone who stays for both short and long periods, and having a preference for a condo for accommodation, I am considering buying one in the near future.

I wonder will this ruling result in condo owners off-loading their properties onto the market as the income from short-term lets dries up?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Most short term rentals include electric and water but long term do not , so you would have to include that in your sums

Liked

I think it will have little impact. When most of us bought our condos converting them into a hotel was never considered (as well as illegal). If I ever decided to rent I would only consider a long-term lease and the tenant would be thoroughly vetted. I could make an argument that not living in essence, a hotel, could have a positive impact on condo values in my building.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    Most short term rentals include electric and water but long term do not , so you would have to include that in your sums
    Quite true.

Liked

Short term rentals ...risks for owners.
    https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic...left-the-room/

https://www.sanook.com/news/6708266/

Tj
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tj

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I think it will be very interesting to watch the effect of this ruling on rental availability and the value of condos.

As someone who stays for both short and long periods, and having a preference for a condo for accommodation, I am considering buying one in the near future.

I wonder will this ruling result in condo owners off-loading their properties onto the market as the income from short-term lets dries up?
    If I were in the market to buy a condo after living in one plaged by short term renters I would check very carefully how many are owner occupied vs those rented short term.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    If I were in the market to buy a condo after living in one plaged by short term renters I would check very carefully how many are owner occupied vs those rented short term.
    You cant tar every body with the same brush , not all short term renters are the same

Forum's veteran
    Liked

there is a large enough arsehole minority that make ALL short term rentals a nightmare.