List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any recent Pattaya info regarding Clubs, Morlam/Issan & Music concerts?

Liked

Any recent Pattaya info regarding Clubs, Morlam/Issan & Music concerts?

Just looking for any recent info on Tam Nan Issan, Sinlapin Issan venues and if anyone 'on the ground' in Pattaya has noticed any flyers around Pattaya for upcoming outdoor Morlam/Issan concerts or band concerts. Heading off very soon for another Thailand trip, even though very low season I always enjoy June/July in Pattaya/thailand. Last year there was a mini-festival not far from Sunee/3rd Road where different Thai 'superstars'/artists appeared over a ten-day period in a small outdoor area. Would be good to know in advance if there is anything similar advertised for this June.

Also any recent updates on Sunee bars Diamond, Eden and Euro Boys? Thanks in advance for any updates/info.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Any recent Pattaya info regarding Clubs, Morlam/Issan & Music concerts?

Im not in Pattaya now so cannot offer any advise as to flyers for Morlam. However, I normally get notice from the boys by word of mouth, and rerely see flyers.

As regards bars, Eden closed some time ago. I believe the boys moved to nearby Diamond Bar.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Im not in Pattaya now so cannot offer any advise as to flyers for Morlam. However, I normally get notice from the boys by word of mouth, and rerely see flyers. As regards bars, Eden closed some time ago. I believe the boys moved to nearby Diamond Bar.
    Thanks for reply gerefan, but Eden re-opened I think March sometime with Kone from Diamond fronting it, (Francois can probably confirm as it was he who informed me at the time)……..not unless you are advising that it's closed again since? Hope not.

I too get most info from boys, but they usually get it from flyers. It's a weird thing about Thai bands/artists and concerts...….still in this time of facebook/social media they rarely list/advertise their concert schedules nationwide. Usually the local promoter/venue just uses flyers. Unlike UK where many travel to different cities for a concert, for thais it seems it's all about 'local'. Some artists include 3 or 4 dates in Bkk alone during a nationwide tour, as most Thais won't even attend a Bkk concert that's not at their local Bkk venue. Often you'll only know a 'superstar' is in the area if you or someone you know happens to pass the actual venue as often that is the only place they advertise it. But Morlam and small festivals like the one I describe usually have flyers all round Pattaya, I've found quite a few gigs myself thanks to that. Failing that, Gai from Ouds Bar Café always seems to be on the ball when it comes to knowing what's on and when, I normally visit Ouds first night of the Pattaya trip to get all the lowdown. But it is handy being able to do some planning in advance.

Liked

Can't help newalaan with his quest to find Morlum music in Pattaya. I've only been to one of these twice over the years, (though lots more in Bangkok) but each one has now disappeared ... although I'm sure many guys who live there will know a few.
    Anyway, I've attached a YouTube video for Newalaan to get deep into the Morlum Mood. This one is my favourite: all Yasathorn, all Morlum, all the time.
    Also some good looking guys all decked out in blue silk.

Hope you can enjoy:

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

5. User who gave Like to post:

travelerjim (June 5th, 2018)

Liked

My Thai friends went to Sinlapin club last night and the photos show a good crowd there around 200am so it is still the place to be where as Tam Nan is not mentioned anymore with the Jomtiem Complex guys. My friend does not like Esarn music so we went to the 808 club in Walking Street last night which looks very new and is a large venue playing mostly hip hop music. I was quite impressed and 808 had a really good vibe about the place although our one small beer and soda water total cost was 320 THB which is a bit pricey in my opinion. We went to Bamboo near the entrance to Walking Street last week and paid similar prices. We were the only gays that i could see in both Walking Street clubs, no problem, nice to visit somewhere different to the mostly gay clubs but i would rather be with a group of gay guys in Sinlapin club.

I go to Sunee at least one night each week and Diamond Bar has about four staff and usually one or two customers at the most. The only places that i see that are busy are Nice Boys and Winner Bar which are often nearly full with customers and many guys up for some hands on fun and my offs from both bars rarely disapoint. Alain at Skybar will be happy to see you as with most of the other Sunee bars they have very few customers.

Liked

Next morlam is on the 13th... No idea if in xztye or the usual spot.
    Unfortunately that's also the day I fly home!

Sinlapin still pulling in the crowds. On Sunday night there were only 7 tables open in NAB, whilst Sinlapin was packed...

Went to tumnanchon last night and left at midnight as it was awful, so downbeat and fairly empty
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Oh as an aside prisma is now closed permanently.

Kawaii turns into a karaoke now at midnight. Most of their boys have moved to Dream boys as allegedly "boss not pay salary last month"
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

DSC_1539.jpg

13 June

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Can't help newalaan with his quest to find Morlum music in Pattaya. Anyway, I've attached a YouTube video for Newalaan to get deep into the Morlum Mood. This one is my favourite: all Yasathorn, all Morlum, all the time. Also some good looking guys all decked out in blue silk. Hope you can enjoy:
    Yes...….certainly can enjoy smiles, thanks for that, a good mood-setter. Love this and the whole Tawan Daeng Pub music/food thing, always tons of eye candy at both events and so much going on around you/in the vicinity and at near-by tables it's impossible not to have fun. Looking forward to Morlam in Pattaya on 13th.

Thanks for great info, Colmx and Aussie_ always reliable for updates!

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Next morlam is on the 13th... No idea if in xztye or the usual spot. Unfortunately that's also the day I fly home! Sinlapin still pulling in the crowds. On Sunday night there were only 7 tables open in NAB, whilst Sinlapin was packed... Went to tumnanchon last night and left at midnight as it was awful, so downbeat and fairly empty. Prisma closed permanently. Kawaii Boys now at Dream Boys
    I'm in Bkk first then I arrive Pattaya on the 13th! Perfect timing (for me anyway). Even though i'm holed up in Jomtien for first 3 nights i'll get the lowdown of venue from Gai at Ouds Bar-cafe and the lads around Sunee. Yes...….info coming back to me is that Sinlapin still the main place for after hours, though sad to see TamNanChon not so good. NAB i'm not all that bothered about nowadays, we prefer Walking St, but I'm sure somebody will suggest NAB for a night...we'll see.

Disappointed that Prisma is closed, and surprised....that's one of my early evening haunts where I often park myself for the first couple drinks of the night while I soak up the atmosphere before deciding what the agenda is for the night, also nice view of Toy Boy lads coming and going. Surprised in as much as on another board recently there was a comment about it being host bar again and drinks at Bt145 being a bit 'steep' according to the poster. My last trip on the Prisma terrace outside the gogo I was surprised to find it was Bt99 for a beer which was very reasonable. Another bright light snuffed out.

Also on my last trip I visited Dream Boys, first for a long time and really enjoyed the visit, so if kawaii boys there now it should be busy, so that'll be on the list too.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_
    Sinlapin club still the place to be, Tam Nan is not mentioned, 808 club in walking street small beer and soda Bt320. Alain at Skybar will be happy to see you as with most of the other sunee bars they have very few customers
    Must admit last visit was the first time for a very long time we didn't visit Tam Nan at all. Sinlapin is just so convenient from BT/Sunee/Jomtien. That pricing in 808 is about the norm for all Walking St places, not too keen on 808 as I hate hip-hop/rap, but can put up with Lucifer/Insomnia/walk st Pub for an hour or two at most. Walking St is preferred to the like of Nab with bf and our crowd. Bt180-Bt200 a drink for farang (and Thai) at most places is the normal pricing, even Marine Disco is Bt200+ for vodka/Coke etc, but beer Bt170 (Bt120 for Thais).

Looking forward to visiting as many of the Sunee bars as I can during our Pattaya stay, always like Skybar, Alain is very welcoming and generous, also we sometimes enjoy a game of snooker/pool, even on the Skybar table which is a bit 'suspect'. But June has always been one of the quietest months foot-traffic wise, but it's a month I've always enjoyed with plenty to do given the amount of bars still going in Sunee/BT/Jomtien as well as the clubs.

All snippets of info appreciated, especially the news of Morlam on the day I arrive in Pattaya area.

Liked

Just FYI: I know you go to Isaan during some if your trips, so you must try some of the Tawan Daeng music clubs out there in the boonies. Surin, Buriram, Khon Khaen, Ubon Ratchatani are ones I've been to (Chiang Mai also). And I'd make an easy bet that Udon and Khorat have Tawan as well.
    Last edited by Smiles; June 8th, 2018 at 03:45.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand