Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recent Pattaya Trip

Liked

Re: Recent Pattaya Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    We arrived yesterday evening and are very happy to be here. Vientiane had been a disppointment...but I'll save that for a different thread.
    When I say Pattaya, I should say Jomtien because, lured by comments here and elsewhere suggesting that the Complex has become a New Boyztown, that's where we are.
    What a joy to eat decent Thai grub at Dick's after the experiences in Laos. And to see all the massage guys....there must have been up to twenty outside Fah. While the Dick's Cafe soi was quiet, others were busy. Again, plenty of guys and , yes, wait for it, even a few falangs.
    We'll move on to our usual haunts in Boyztown later this week but the first glimpses of Jomtien have been positive. Arsenal intimates that we shall be equally happy there.
    Ithink you convinced me to try Jomtien for a few days before Boys Town, if only to test it out.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If you decide to go,I recommend The Agate Hotel. We've been deeply impressed. It's only two years old , is well-designed and spic-and-span. It looks as if better prices are available through Reception than on the usual sites like Agoda. Apparently, Zing,next door, is also very gay friendly and cheaper.

"Testing-out" is exactly what we're doing. And JC has passed the test . However, it won't replace BT for us since its restaurant scene is limited and P. loves his trips to the big malls of Pattaya....as I do....where there are a variety of places to eat. The Thai restaurants in JC serve tasty food but are not very refined in terms of ambiance while the European restaurants are allegedly very good but not suitable for the two of us.

As things stand, we'll stay a few days each trip before moving on to BT. And that will be enough.

3. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 8th, 2018)

Liked

Werner. There's loads of stuff to do during the day. Including the two sheep farms, Mini Siam, the floating market, Ice of Siam, Sanctuary of Truth, two water parks, the multiplex in Central Festival, the Big Bee Farm, the dolphin show, the aquarium the croc farm and many many other 'attractions'. Now most of them are rubbish but that's not the point. They're pretty cheap and by the time you've got there and had a mooch about then a coffee and gone back home it's taken up the main part of the day. Alternatively rent a motorbike and with a full tank of petrol and money on your phone head off and see what you see.

I can tell you that a longish ride through the Pattaya hills followed by a sensual massage and soaping down by a hot Thai masseur takes some beating.

5. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 7th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

sheep...did u say sheep!!!!!

7. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (June 8th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    So, are you going to tell us what it is then or WHAT !? Ah go ON !!
    Haha......I'm pretty sure that 'Ah go ON!!' has got to be repeated a number of times before this or any other 'father Ted' is likely to respond. I assume the nickname the boys use to my face is the same as the one used behind my back/out of earshot....

ARSENAL!!! What's this I'm hearing on another forum about my 'go to' morning coffee and western comfort food diner, being closed for 'low season'. That has never happened before on previous low-season June trips at Deli Diner, was it open when you were in Pattaya?

Liked

Newalaan. Sorry, it was closed for the entire time. However, if it's any consolation La Petit Planete was excellent every time I ate there. Their lasagne is superb.

Liked

Deli Diner currently has a notice saying it is closed for the Low Season.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Newalaan. Sorry, it was closed for the entire time. However, if it's any consolation La Petit Planete was excellent every time I ate there. Their lasagne is superb.
    Lasagne is good, but far from superb.

Liked

So what constitutes 'superb' in uour opinion Francois?

Because this one was generous, baked to order, plenty of meat, cheese and sauce, nicely gratinated and served with a crisp dressed salad and fresh bread and butter.
    Last edited by arsenal; June 8th, 2018 at 16:10.

Liked

su·perb
    so͞oˈpərb/Submit
    adjective
    excellent.
    "a superb performance"
    synonyms: excellent, superlative, first-rate, first-class, outstanding, remarkable, marvelous, magnificent, wonderful, splendid, admirable, noteworthy, impressive, fine, exquisite, exceptional, glorious;