Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yoo Dee Nursing Care Home in Pattaya

Liked

Re: Yoo Dee Nursing Care Home in Pattaya

This was one of the great quandries of my retirement choice: leave the US or stay. I choose to stay and solved the cost issue with a private long term care and disability insurance; which, when issued before age 50 is cost effective. Scottish Guy's comments about getting the bochure right would have alarmed me as well. That is a principal way of judging them - if they can't get the brochure right, how can I assume that my care is done correctly? Besides, I'm not a gifted linguist and the tonal Thai language is beyond me - thus, how do I fully understand the contract and the Thai equivalent of fine print. One assumes, the binding contract would be in a langauge Idon't know.

2. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (June 1st, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

pictures of nursing staff?

Liked

Jim, Thank you for your post. I appreciate you giving this nursing home a shout-out. I met the Thai owner, K. Bui, when looking for a place for my late friend who had a stroke last year. She is a very kind and caring person as I saw from spending time with her at the nursing home and seeing her interact with some of the residents there, both Thais and foreigners. Although my friend passed away at the Chonburi Hospital and never made it to her nursing home, she was so helpful and kind in taking care of the arrangements with the hospital, government offices and temple for the funeral. She did all this without any charges and with no expectations of anything in return.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

travelerjim (June 3rd, 2018), Up2U (June 2nd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dab69 View Post
    pictures of nursing staff?
    Like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (March 12th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    This was one of the great quandries of my retirement choice: leave the US or stay. I choose to stay and solved the cost issue with a private long term care and disability insurance; which, when issued before age 50 is cost effective. Scottish Guy's comments about getting the bochure right would have alarmed me as well. That is a principal way of judging them - if they can't get the brochure right, how can I assume that my care is done correctly? Besides, I'm not a gifted linguist and the tonal Thai language is beyond me - thus, how do I fully understand the contract and the Thai equivalent of fine print. One assumes, the binding contract would be in a langauge Idon't know.
    Paborn you were wise to plan ahead for your long term care and disability insurance.

FYI....you have stated you will stay in the USA if you are beset with such disabling factors.
    As your policies were written in the USA surely they will cover your future needs for the services.

However...some policies only cover long term care benefits provided in the USA. FOR THOSE WHO ARE AMERICANS AND SEEK TO ACCESS LONG TERM CARE OUTSIDE OF THE USA...Its best to read the fine print to make sure you are covered in Thailand or other countries if the need for LTC arises.

Tj
    Tj

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What type of oversight would you put in place to ensure that you were being well treated and not held " hostage" while they drain your bank account over time and once you have nothing simply toss you out into the street with stray dogs for company.