Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Hnmmm??? Has Jomtien Immigration changed rule re Income Affidavit?

Liked

Question Hnmmm??? Has Jomtien Immigration changed rule re Income Affidavit?

A posting on thaivisa.com raises the question whether or not Jomtien Thai Immigration has changed the rule regarding the Income Affidavit used to get the Extension of Stay for added one year... ???

It's been accepted that the Notarized Affidavit of Income was accepted if within six months of applying for your Extension of Stay.

If anyone has recently used the Affidavit of Income method at Jomtien Immigration please post your experience .

FYI... The US Embassy in Bangkok will have its ACS visit to Pattaya next Wednesday June 6th.

Thank you for your replies.
    Tj

As many know, at Jomtien immigration doing retirement extensions using INCOME LETTERS (from embassies) immigration has been allowing them to be as old as SIX MONTHS old for several years.

A recent report posted here says there has been a major policy change from SIX MONTHS down to ONE MONTH.

Of course this would be a very severe hardship (and even sometimes impossible) for many retired expats to meet that new requirement, if true.

Personally, I don't believe it is true. Our esteemed visa guru, Ubonjoe, also posted on the report thread that he also does not think there has been such a change.

But this matter is so vital for so many people that I think it's worth it to have a dedicated thread for FRESH REPORTS of people using income letters at Jomtien immigration to track it.

SO --- the simple question here is -- are income letters still allowed to be as old as six months or was the recent report here from a member saying it has changed to one month actually true.

Please help out with your FRESH reports. I suppose reports in the previous month would be useful too, but most useful are reports going forward from now. (May 31.)

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic...ncome-letters/

Tj

Liked

Re: Hnmmm??? Has Jomtien Immigration changed rule re Income Affidavit?

I did a retirement extension two months ago with an Income Letter that was two months old at that time. Clear sailing, in and out in 30 minutes.

Liked

No, they have not changed their requirements. The person making the posting mentioned their information was from an Immigration Officer whom they asked how old the letter could be as they apparently had not obtained it yet. As with others, I didn't believe it either, so when a good friend called me about the report as he was doing his annual extension today and his income letter was 4 months old, I told him to go ahead as planned and see if it was questioned or not accepted. I received his response a short while ago -- his 4 month old Australian Embassy letter was accepted without question - he picks up his passport with extension tomorrow.

4. User who gave Like to post:

travelerjim (June 7th, 2018)

Liked

Just more fake news.

Liked

Thank you for the update.
    Tj
    Tj