Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: A restful afternoon on Dongtan Beach Tuesday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: A restful afternoon on Dongtan Beach Tuesday

Despite all the changes I still enjoy going to the beach at Dongtan especially at this time of the year when the tide goes far out and I can walk for miles on firm damp sand.and when I get back to the chair I can relax with a cold drink and some food

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pennyboy View Post
    Despite all the changes I still enjoy going to the beach at Dongtan especially at this time of the year when the tide goes far out and I can walk for miles on firm damp sand.and when I get back to the chair I can relax with a cold drink and some food
    I am curious, I too like to walk on this beach but usually when I'm there the tide does not go out too far and tide is usually in meaning having to walk
    on uncomfortable soft sand......what are the seasonal differences in the tide? what months best? what months worst?, I thought Thailand was just unlike UK where our tides goes in and out by big distances throughout the year?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by wrapper View Post
    what are the seasonal differences in the tide? what months best? what months worst?

Pattaya: messy crowded beaches
    Pattaya is the beach resort highest in the Gulf of Thailand. That’s not a great distinction, for this enclosed body of water is thoroughly polluted by the discards of tens of millions of Thais living north of here, with the pollution being channelled down in the various rivers that empty their unsavory contents into the top of the Gulf. However, this high in the Gulf the tides are not affected so directly by the meeting, and cancelling, of opposing tides. So while they follow the general high-low, seasonal shifts, Pattaya tides are even more complex.
    During the daytime low tide – May through October – Pattaya’s beaches are not pretty. During the daytime high tide – November to March – they look much better, even if there is far less beach to be seen.
    by John Everingham
    http://true-beachfront.com/guide/gul...-all-day-night