Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rich Man Poor Man Specials Tuesday May 29th Jomtien Pattaya

Liked

Re: Rich Man Poor Man Specials Tuesday May 29th Jomtien Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    That pulled pork on the brioche bun looks horrible. Maybe it's just the photo.

Or has it been eaten before??
    Seems to have been regurgitated..

I find most of these food items repulsive.. fatty, deep fried..or out of a can..

they are pre-diabetic, heart-stoppers and artery hardeners..

I am glad of the warning though- I know where not to go...

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (May 30th, 2018), Nirish guy (May 30th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

TJ their rooms look fine, but if you're just pulling pics off their website to help them promote their food you're actually maybe not doing them any particular favour as as others have mentioned the pics don't look THAT appealing perhaps !

Out of interest are your "recommendations" from personal experience of places you find excellent or are you more just on a personal campaign to help Pattaya eateries by promoting their website contents here during the low season maybe ? I'm not saying either is a bad thing by the way, I'm just wondering ?
    Last edited by Nirish guy; May 30th, 2018 at 16:14.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (May 31st, 2018), travelerjim (May 30th, 2018)

Liked

Both... I am seeking to share with fellow expats the availability of places to stay and to eat in the Pattaya area. Especially during the low season.
    I remember well the Weekly Report written and shared online by the late Dr. Allen Briggs... The Gay Pattayan. He fostered the sharing of helpful information amongst the expats and visitors to Gay Thailand. There is more to life than sex for an expat or visitor. Especially when a newbie or even as retiree. Days become long and with little activity in many cases.
    If you wish I can refrain from posts. Up to You... As my Thai friends often say.
    Tj
    Tj

6. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (May 31st, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by travelerjim View Post
    If you wish I can refrain from posts. Up to You... As my Thai friends often say. Tj
    That's not for me to say as thats a Mods job of course, speaking personally I've absolutely no problem with your posts. The fact that others aren't posting and so your posts are appearing a lot on the front page isn't your problem or fault, it's the lack of posts by others that are causing that of course and as long as one type of post doesn't stop or put off another I don't see any issue.

I actually think your posts could be quite useful to the very people you mention and I myself have made a mental note to search out at least one of the places you mentioned on a future trip.

As someone else has said if you're prepared to continue spending the time doing that for the benefit of others I'm guessing it would actually be useful for all that information to be kept ( or moved after a day or two from the main board) to a sub page where that info is then listed and all then instantly viewable for people thinking "hmmm so where will we dine tonight" perhaps, but THAT I guess is both up to the Mods and also your choice as to which category you deicide to post in int he first place in choosing where to place / leave your posts for the future.

As I'd said in my OP my question wasn't a criticism of your posts, just merely a point that using some of the menu pics maybe wasn't doing justice to the places food - but THAT is more down to them and their photography of course, rather than you just posting same to try and create a portal of useful info for others perhaps.

And if you are going to run with your idea I wonder then should we then all use the board rating system a bit more so that those who have visited the places can leave their rating ( or comments) as to whether they found it good or bad from their own personal experience and then we'll be getting even more info useful feedback perhaps too.
    Last edited by Nirish guy; May 30th, 2018 at 16:35.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (May 31st, 2018), travelerjim (May 30th, 2018)

Liked

travelerjim, thank you for your posts, they are valuable

Just 1 advise: please don't post 2 threads about the same place (I merged 2 threads about PMRM into one). One place = one thread even when they have there additional services or actions what you would like to announce - please keep em all at the same thread. Thank you.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

10. User who gave Like to post:

travelerjim (May 30th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

One thing though TJ - do maybe think about always adding in a comment such as " PS I was here and can vouch for this place being great ( or terrible ) as it's that personal recommendation from someone that makes any post about restaurants the difference between a noticeable post where you think "OHH someone said that place was good I'll maybe give it a try" compared to just seeing a standard advert for a place and deciding to go to try it "cold".

Both bits of info are useful of course but it's aways that personal recommendation and review that adds the extra special edge that just might make the difference as to whether someone might decide to visit a place or not perhaps ( well for me anyway), otherwise your posts could just becomes a quick fix google list of never ending restaurant ads (not that there's anything wrong with that either in it's rightful place too as it could save us all a lot of google searches)

12. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

I can vouch for RMPM, it is American style comfort food in a small cozy restaurant with a open kitchen. Eddie, the owner, with his extended Thai family make you feel welcomed. Food is good and the prices are moderate. He also operates an inexpensive guesthouse above the restaurant. It is on Jomtien Rd Soi 9 right off the beach and on the sawng taeo route. After dinner, explore the Jomtien Night Market just a few steps away.

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (May 31st, 2018), travelerjim (May 30th, 2018)

Liked

I enjoy your posts a lot Jim so please don't stop. With photos it's often best to take two, one with flash and one without then see which one looks better. A close up with a flash would have improved the pulled pork photo immeasurably although to be honest presentation was poor and a small salad garnish would make a huge difference to the plate.

16. User who gave Like to post:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

it seems that someone still hasn't grasped that JT is just lifting all his food pics from the internet with the pics shown being taken off each premises website and facebook page etc just and that he isn't suggesting that he's either taking the pics or that he's personally visited each place and that his intent is to just creating a quick and handy resource for those that are interested and that he's not trying to be a food critic here......

18. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (May 30th, 2018), travelerjim (May 30th, 2018)

Liked

Thank you for your kind clarification NIrish. Please add the words 'if you take any photos' to my post.