Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Northern Ireland under pressure after historic abortion vote

Liked

Re: Northern Ireland under pressure after historic abortion vote

This is a free and open forum NIrish and members are free to discuss all and any subjects * with or without your approval.

* 2 well known exceptions.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What kept you !? But hey you’re right, no one is disputing that fact of course so hey you go right ahead and knock yourself out !discussing the “murder” of babies ( or not) depending on your views as I’m sure your take on women’s rights and abortion / “murder” of babies in general then will be gripping and a real crowd pleaser on this our little gay board of chuckles and laughs. So, do carry on. We’re all ears.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    oh dear, dont get me wrong, Im "OK" with abortion but lets not pretend that its not government sanctioned murder, and why are people celebrating it, bit like adams family humour.
    Do you have the same attitude towards, say, euthanasia or war or the shoot-to-kill policies of the police in certain circumstances, all government-sanctioned where legal? Theoretically I’m not opposed to the death penalty for some crimes, although in practice it’s been shown that people can be imprisoned on less than perfect evidence that has later been proven to be wrong

Liked

No desire NIrish. My point is made and I'm glad we agree on it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    No desire NIrish. My point is made and I'm glad we agree on it.

Your point is and was never in dispute so it's a bit of a moot point. I suggested we respectfully moved on to another topic as this one can be so toxic, but those like yourself who wish to keep it open and live by commenting you go right ahead there, good luck with that.

Liked

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I love it when you say that, it's the most sensible posts you ever make, PLEASE do carry on in that very same vein on every post from now on won't you ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

frequent, as long as you are an adult then Im OK with your decision to euthanise yourself, its your life so please go ahead and switch the lights off if you so desire. Now if you need help with that then no one (like a doctor) should be forced to assist.
    My issue with baby murder is that the innocent defenseless child has no say in the matter, its all up to the host. The hypocrisy involved becomes blatantly clear if the father decides to abort then he can be charged with a serious crime ...but not the female host should it decide to do so.

Liked

Nirish wrote.
    "I love it when you say that, it's the most sensible posts you ever make, PLEASE do carry on in that very same vein on every post from now on won't you ?"

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    frequent, as long as you are an adult then Im OK with your decision to euthanise yourself, its your life so please go ahead and switch the lights off if you so desire. Now if you need help with that then no one (like a doctor) should be forced to assist.
    My issue with baby murder is that the innocent defenseless child has no say in the matter, its all up to the host. The hypocrisy involved becomes blatantly clear if the father decides to abort then he can be charged with a serious crime ...but not the female host should it decide to do so.
    My view is that there is no such thing as "right to life" unless and until the foetus has survived birth by itself, and all my other views about life and death and euthanasia follow from that. Not all human beings have, for example, the ability to turn off their own life support machine; a doctor must do that, preferably with the consent of the family but sometimes on the instruction of the Courts. Presumably you are not aware of the well-documented fact that King George V was euthanased by his doctor on the implied consent of his family so that his death would be reported in a quality newspaper (The Times) rather than lingering on and running the risk of having his death reported in the ghastly low-life afternoon newspapers

Using the word "murder" simply inserts an unnecessarily emotive tone to the debate