Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast at Grottinos near Tukcom South Pattaya

Liked

Lightbulb Breakfast at Grottinos near Tukcom South Pattaya

I enjoy eating breakfast at Grottinos in South Pattaya near Tukcom. Always good service and affordable food.

The American breakfast with eggs and bacon... Brown bread toasted with jam...and hot coffee.
    160 Thai baht. Be sure to ask for the large coffee... Added 10 Baht... Included in the 160 Baht price listed above. Open every day 8:00am to 6:00pm.

Located across the street from Flamingo Hotel.
    Which was in years past my favorite hotel to stay on holidays before my retirement to Thailand 12+ years ago.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Tj

Liked

Re: Breakfast at Grottinos near Tukcom South Pattaya

I know Americans like overcooked bacon but did you specifically ask for the eggs to be over cooked and the bacon burnt? The bread basket looked nice.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

While we're on a breakfast theme, can I ask, whats the general view of the coffee you get in most Thai establishments here ? I like my coffee but have to say I find most coffee I get in Thai fairly undrinkable, either so strong you could walk on it ( but not in a good way) or just the flavour is rank ? So, just me then or do others share that view. For me it's one of the things I'm always glad to get home for again, a decent cup of coffee AND in a decent sized cup too while I'm at it !

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Attached Images Attached Images
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

5. User who gave Like to post:

travelerjim (May 28th, 2018)

Liked

Yes the bread basket is the real reason for me to choose a breakfast at Grottinos. The eggs are scrambled and I do like them. The bacon could be requested not so fried. The coffee is very good IMHO. The choice to enjoy a breakfast at Grottinos is a change of cafe for me. They do have Free Wi-Fi and Bangkok Post newspaper.
    Tj
    Tj

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Jim - Grottinos - thats the german bakery style place at of the corner of in the mosaic block - right ?

If so they do a lovely potato grit type thing, I have it every time there and sets me up for the day.

All lovely staff there too I find with a ( genuine) smile and warm welcome on arrival which is nice.

Well that is apart from ONE day during the protests and I inadvertently walked in wearing a beach style tee shirt which had about 20% yellow in it and the girl behind the counter ( who I know) said "ohhhhh I not like your tee shirt, it have yellow colour in it, maybe better you change" - I looked for the tiny amount of yellow and laughed and said " ohh I never even noticed that" and to be polite added " ohhh yes, maybe I change later" and thought that was the end of it.

So, I waited a while, no food, I asked " where's my food" and you can guess the next part - she said "but you not change yet, no eating until change shirt " !

I did weigh up that if that was my "friendly" breakfast girl "pulling me" on that and refusing me service that I might have found the rest of my day a pain in the ass too if every shop and bar pulled the same trick all day !

Ha to this day I'm still not sure if she was joking or not but a) just in case and b) as I was starving a new tee shirt was pulled on ( thankfully I was staying in Mosiak so not the end of the world to change) and THEN i got my breakfast delivered with the usual smile and a "ok, that better now"

8. User who gave Like to post:

travelerjim (May 28th, 2018)

Liked

Yes it's located in the Mosaic Apartment building on the corner.
    Tj
    Tj

Liked

I occasionally pop in Grottinos. It's pleasant & good value.

However, the cheesy scrambler breakfast set at Gafae is, I think, only 20 baht more & is worth it.

11. User who gave Like to post:

travelerjim (May 29th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Jim - Grottinos - thats the german bakery style place at of the corner of in the mosaic block - right ?
    Grottinos is German?

13. User who gave Like to post:

travelerjim (May 29th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Grottinos is German?
    OHHH well now, THAT'S a very good point Francois as after a quick Google search it seems I'll have to retract my German guesswork and replace it with Swiss !!!! My apologies.

My only defence is that it's always first thing in the morning after just waking up when I was eating there - you know about 2pm :-) and so I was usually barely awake enough to notice much about the place usually aside from it being seemingly ( to me anyway) full of Germans ( I'd surmised) each time I dined there ( that and it having a very pro European style menu of course) - but as I say Google ( and Francois) have now corrected me - ha I guess in hindsight the name somewhat gives it away, but actually I think until I'd asked Jim in this thread early "was that the same place I was thinking of" I dont think I'd ever even noticed their actual name before - you know the big name that they have right above their bread counter !! OOPS !

So, sorry for the record Grottinos is it seems still 100% Swiss