Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: A restful afternoon on Dongtan Beach Tuesday

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

A restful afternoon on Dongtan Beach Tuesday

As a retired expat for 12 years now in Pattaya, I still find it relaxing to spend time seated in the chairs under the umbrellas on Dongtan Beach.

Tuesday was another of those enjoyable moments. Courteous helpful service from the staff at Niyom Place across from Tuis Hotel. They see me with my four wheeled walker and promptly assist me to the chairs.

An ice cold soda and umbrella set up for me. The fruit seller lady brings me a large tray of fresh cut fruits to select at 20 Thai baht each.

As I needed a manicure and pedicure the skilled lady is happy to provide the service at 150 Thai baht each.

One of the massage men show up and of course I enjoy at least 30 minutes of foot and leg massage for 150 Thai baht.

I really like the later afternoon times as the umbrellas are taken down and the sunset begins. Relaxing and at times awesome views.

The beach is not what it used to be when I first visited Thailand. Gone are the grouping of Thai lads passing time in the chairs eyeing for an opportunity to be hosted by the visitors.

Also gone are many of my good expat friends who have passed on... They are missed very much by me.

Now having lived in Pattaya for twelve years now I find fewer and fewer friends to break bread with or enjoy a drink with. I'm long past the go-go club and nightly cruising around the sois of Sunee, Boyztown or Jomtien Complex.

I do look forward to several visits home to the USA... Many times with my Thai bf of 14+ years with me. And to other countries too.

Yesterday marked the 14th year since I first met my Thai bf one night in Bangkok May 29, 2004.

It's been a wonderful time with our share of ups and downs... I look forward to many more good years and times together...until that day as many have gone before me.
    Tj

Attached Images Attached Images
    Tj

2. 15 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (May 30th, 2018), Dax (May 31st, 2018), dinagam (May 30th, 2018), Doug (May 30th, 2018), GWMinUS (June 1st, 2018), Jellybean (May 30th, 2018), Kenny (May 30th, 2018), Micky (May 30th, 2018), Oliver2 (May 31st, 2018), poshglasgow (May 31st, 2018), Robby (May 31st, 2018), searcher (May 31st, 2018), snotface (May 30th, 2018), splinter1949 (May 31st, 2018), Tintin (May 31st, 2018)