Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golden Opportunity

Liked

Re: Golden Opportunity

You're really fixated on this rating system, aren't you?

I have to admit, you seem quite strange. I've never met someone who was this infactuated with a simple rating system before.

Do other simple things in life amaze you as well? You should buy some lego, and realize the blocks just magically click together. That will probably keep you busy for months.

Liked

Matt, I'm one of the few that has a kind word to say about you - but for you to accuse others of being fixated or infatuated over stuff is not only taking the biscuit my dear, but the gateau and blancmange to go with it.

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (May 23rd, 2018), Loki (May 22nd, 2018), neddy3 (May 23rd, 2018)

Liked

Matt, firstly... you calling me strange, is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. However your comment is duly noted.

Secondly, I'll try to re-explain my concerns. The vBulletin Version 4.2.5 software, as currently configured:

1. Allows users to self-rate threads, with the vote threshold set to one. (i.e.: thread starter can self grant 5 stars with his own vote)

2. Allows users to rate others threads, with the vote threshold set to one. (i.e.: user can grant a thread 5 stars with his one vote)

3. Allows users to remove stars from a thread, again with the vote threshold set to one. (i.e. if a thread is currently rated at 5 stars and one user votes 1 star, the total goes down to 4 stars.)

With such a low threshold to enter votes, and given minimal participation in the voting population, it is reasonable to conclude that a minority will have a disproportionate impact on the ratings...leading to all sorts of “monkey business.”

In addition, I think it is ludicrous to allow a thread starter to self rate their own threads.

The above is a fair summation of the problem, as I see it.

As I understand it, the software allows the ratings feature to be turned off.

This, in my view would be the most ideal solution.

Discuss.
    Moses’ ass puckers when he sees this. https://whois.icann.org/en

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    Matt, firstly... you calling me strange, is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. However your comment is duly noted.

Secondly, I'll try to re-explain my concerns. The vBulletin Version 4.2.5 software, as currently configured:

1. Allows users to self-rate threads, with the vote threshold set to one. (i.e.: thread starter can self grant 5 stars with his own vote)

2. Allows users to rate others threads, with the vote threshold set to one. (i.e.: user can grant a thread 5 stars with his one vote)

3. Allows users to remove stars from a thread, again with the vote threshold set to one. (i.e. if a thread is currently rated at 5 stars and one user votes 1 star, the total goes down to 4 stars.)

With such a low threshold to enter votes, and given minimal participation in the voting population, it is reasonable to conclude that a minority will have a disproportionate impact on the ratings...leading to all sorts of “monkey business.”

In addition, I think it is ludicrous to allow a thread starter to self rate their own threads.

The above is a fair summation of the problem, as I see it.

As I understand it, the software allows the ratings feature to be turned off.

This, in my view would be the most ideal solution.

Discuss.
    What kind of monkey business? In absolute honesty I never noticed the stars until you brought it up. I go to "what's new" and read what interests me regardless what others thought of it's star quality.

6. User who gave Like to post:

pennyboy (May 23rd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just noticed all the recent threads have 5*. As pointed out a load of monkey business.
    What if someone gave all the previous threads 1*?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Just noticed all the recent threads have 5*. As pointed out a load of monkey business.
    What if someone gave all the previous threads 1*?
    Again, exactly my point !!
    In effect, because these stars can so easily manipulated, they are worthless.

Liked

@loki -- Well, thank fuck I'm blind I guess, because the stars don't have any impact on my life as I can't see / hear them.

Of course the threshold is low. There's maybe a dozen active members here. Putting the threshold up to say 5 votes would probably just cause more bitching from people wondering why their vote wasn't counted.

I guess Moses could just deactivate the rating system, but up to him, not us, as its his site. Really though, if this is an actual problem in your life, then holy fuck you must live an amazing and worry free life. I'm hard pressed to think of something dumber to complain about and start a campaign against, so if this is a big problem in your life, then consider yourself lucky.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    Again, exactly my point !!
    In effect, because these stars can so easily manipulated, they are worthless.
    Yeah, yeah. Do you really thing what just because 2-3-5 members continue to write here "they are worthless" I will switch off functions what is used by tens of members?

Want to know what I think? If you don't like it - just don't use it then. Point.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (May 23rd, 2018), Loki (May 23rd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Yeah, yeah. Do you really thing what just because 2-3-5 members continue to write here "they are worthless" I will switch off functions what is used by tens of members?

Want to know what I think? If you don't like it - just don't use it then. Point.
    Moses, you're so predictable !!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I guess Moses could just deactivate the rating system, but up to him, not us, as its his site. Really though, if this is an actual problem in your life, then holy fuck you must live an amazing and worry free life. I'm hard pressed to think of something dumber to complain about and start a campaign against, so if this is a big problem in your life, then consider yourself lucky.
    I will not deactivate them, I don't want to put in trash basket so nice job what Loki did for popularization of rating system
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com