Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: lady boys

Liked

Re: lady boys

I think the cultural difference regarding fucking and relationships comes into play.
    Love for Thai people in general is different from love for western people.
    Keep in mind love is conceptual (as is fancy or attraction).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Kertom View Post
    ..Love for Thai people in general is different from love for western people..
    If I may say so (and I may) there's huge assumptions at play in your statement - on both sides of the equation

Liked

I think the cultural difference regarding fucking and relationships comes into play.
    Love for Thai people in general is different from love for western people.
    Keep in mind love is conceptual (as is fancy or attraction).

I love this shit. As if Thais have different DNA from us, and they're just a weird alient species we need to figure out, or something.

Nope, as it turns out, they're just homosapiens like the rest of us. Maybe born in a different land with a different set of cultural beliefs, but still just human. And as funny as it turns out, all humans want love.

Liked

But what love is, is different based on culture. Love is a concept, not an observable stimulus.
    Just take a look at some modern anthropological research, it's mind opening.

5. User who gave Like to post:

nordicguy (May 28th, 2018)

Liked

But what love is, is different based on culture. Love is a concept, not an observable stimulus.
    Just take a look at some modern anthropological research, it's mind opening.
    You made a big statement about love or the concept of love or the manifestation of love etc.. is different between Thais and westerners. Big statements are meaningless unless those statements are followed up by specific details and examples. So give some details and examples to explain your idea.

Liked

A culture with a history of poverty within living memory of most of the population will put more emphasis on being taken care off, have someone to treats them nicely in a relationship that is more submissive/dominant oriented.
    In western culture love has been known to include much more equality since the sixties and partnership.
    There was a cross cultural study on love in 07 that investigated several cultural entities and found considerable differences. If I remember correctly they studied Japan, UK, Mexico, Iceland, Rwanda and some other countries I forgot about.

8. User who gave Like to post:

nordicguy (May 28th, 2018)

Liked

I have encountered many very cute fems who really balk at the suggestion that they may be lady boys.
    "NOOO! I gay, not lady boy. (Pointing at the stage) number two, lady boy."

I have a huge aversion to ladyboys and avoid them at all costs, which is why I will never be found on Beach Road after ten in the evening, despite the best efforts of Singha beer to try and lure me there. Apparently (as many a drunk straight has found to his cost, when trouble breaks out in the shower upon discovering that two pricks occupy it) they are bloody strong and can outrun a whippet with its arse on fire. And, the damage that they can do to a farang skull with one of their slingbacks is highlighted in many a Thai medical student's text book!!

Liked

A culture with a history of poverty within living memory of most of the population will put more emphasis on being taken care off, have someone to treats them nicely in a relationship that is more submissive/dominant oriented.
    In western culture love has been known to include much more equality since the sixties and partnership.
    There was a cross cultural study on love in 07 that investigated several cultural entities and found considerable differences. If I remember correctly they studied Japan, UK, Mexico, Iceland, Rwanda and some other countries I forgot about.
    Blah blah..More generalities about some study you read. Give detailed examples and explanations about Thais versus westerners.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (May 27th, 2018)

Liked

Yes indeed. Psychobabble has always been one of my favourite yuk yuk go-to's. The more babble the better.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

We're still babbling about this? Does anyone here really believe Thais and Westerners feel love differently?

Here, maybe I can help. Prostitutes don't know what love is, and it has nothing to do with Thais.