Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: lady boys

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: lady boys

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    We can kid ourselves all we want - the percentage of Thai boys that we encounter who are involved in commercial sex and are genuinely sexually attracted to older farang can be counted on the fingers of one hand. Over 90% are doing it for the money - due to not having any, and the lack of either wit, opportunity or motivation to feed and house themselves any other way
    Yes, you're right that the boys involved in commercial sex are driven purely by money. That'st the nature of commercial activities. A cashier in a supermarket would not be there if tit wasn't for the money, still some cashiers actually prefer that kind of work considering the alternatives. I konw I argue from a priviliged position in Nordic welfare state, and I have absolutely no right to sermonise the poor Thai boys that money and financial security is only a question of external comfort and about inner peace and happiness. My point is rather - back to AdDaRa's question - that western guys who have sex with Thai boys and support them financially is a win-win situation. It's money flowing directly in the pockets that need them the most (both the money paid to the Thai guys and indirectly through the local revenue that tourism creates in the Thai society.

It's up to the Thais how to develop their country economically. We shouldn't interfere or hope for one of the other thing - and we certainly should not feed bad about the current exchange of sex, culture, adventures, experience and money between farangs and Thai guys. I just hope the Thais don't sell their soul and culture in exchange of a high materialistic standard of living in the long run.

2. User who gave Like to post:

francois (May 26th, 2018)