Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Retirement in Thailand--Is boredom a problem?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Retirement in Thailand--Is boredom a problem?

People can get bored, regardless of where they retire. Boredom sets in when certain things you once found interesting, and which attracted you in the first place, gradually become commonplace.

The secret to a happy retirement, no matter what country you are in, is keeping busy everyday, imho.

When I retired I soon found myself dying to get back to work. I took very early retirement and soon realised that I was spending a lot of time by myself, as my friends were all still working. Suddenly, I was taking holidays by myself.

At night it wasn't a problem as we'd always meet up for drinks, dinner, a movie etc. But I hated the daytime.

So I started doing volunteer work and never looked back.

I find Pattaya very boring during the day so I don't think I could ever retire there. Volunteer work would be difficult as I don't speak the language, and unless I took up golf or some other sporting activity to get me out of the house, I think I'd go nuts.

Also, I need to have close friends with whom I can talk to in my own language about a variety of subjects.

I could only retire in Japan or Australia, as that's where my friends are. Thailand will forever be just a place to visit.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (May 18th, 2018), werner (May 20th, 2018)