List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what is happening at Soi Twilight?

Liked

Re: So, what is happening at Soi Twilight?

This has become a meandering thread dealing with all sorts of issues.

Could some one please provide more information about what is happening in Soi Twilight now? For example, is Dream Boys still active and full of hot guys?

[I know that some members dislike Dream Boys and think that it is overpriced, but during almost every trip to Bangkok, I have met some great guys there.
    And I have my own gripes about the place: I find the owner cold and curt, even though I have tried to talk to him in several languages--French, German, and English}

Most of the information on the Gaybutton discussion is outdated and irrelevant.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (August 10th, 2018), Patanawet (August 10th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
    This has become a meandering thread dealing with all sorts of issues.Could some one please provide more information about what is happening in Soi Twilight now? For example, is Dream Boys still active and full of hot guys? .
    There's a really, really simple explanation, werner, when you think about it. Those who post here are either tourists or residents. The vast majority of tourists apparently go to Pattaya, and a significant proportion of residents live in Pattaya. The only point of Pattaya is the sex trade. Therefore you'll get detailed information on gogo bars in Pattaya from Pattayans or visitors to Pattaya. Those of us who live in Bangkok do so precisely because it is not centred on the sex trade and our trips to Soi Twilight (at least in my case) occur infrequently and because we're hosting a visiting friend who wants to go. Therefore our information will be patchy and incomplete. The most pertinent comment in this thread for you is post #25 from blueskytoday. He and NIrish both comment on the expensiveness of the gogo bar visit in Bangkok. If you want actual descriptions then you'd have to rely on another visitor, a447 - but he prefers the Golden Cock/Silom 6 area. I can't recall him mentioning Dream Boys, although there's a niggling feeling that he has reported on success with the Swede who owns Dream Boy and Bangkok Boys (and G.O.D. and ...). For myself I've never understood the need to chat with a bar owner, whether a gogo bar or somewhere like Connections, Stranger, Telephone or Balcony, but then I don't consider myself to be needy

As for what constitutes a "hot guy" - it's entirely in the eye of the beholder. For a friend of mine a "hot" guy is one who looks like a geek. Another won't touch a boy with tattoos, while a third will only go for a guy with extensive tattoos

4. User who gave Like to post:

werner (August 10th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    There's a really, really simple explanation, werner, when you think about it. Those who post here are either tourists or residents. The vast majority of tourists apparently go to Pattaya, and a significant proportion of residents live in Pattaya. The only point of Pattaya is the sex trade. Therefore you'll get detailed information on gogo bars in Pattaya from Pattayans or visitors to Pattaya. Those of us who live in Bangkok do so precisely because it is not centred on the sex trade and our trips to Soi Twilight (at least in my case) occur infrequently and because we're hosting a visiting friend who wants to go. Therefore our information will be patchy and incomplete. The most pertinent comment in this thread for you is post #25 from blueskytoday. He and NIrish both comment on the expensiveness of the gogo bar visit in Bangkok. If you want actual descriptions then you'd have to rely on another visitor, a447 - but he prefers the Golden Cock/Silom 6 area. I can't recall him mentioning Dream Boys, although there's a niggling feeling that he has reported on success with the Swede who owns Dream Boy and Bangkok Boys (and G.O.D. and ...). For myself I've never understood the need to chat with a bar owner, whether a gogo bar or somewhere like Connections, Stranger, Telephone or Balcony, but then I don't consider myself to be needy

As for what constitutes a "hot guy" - it's entirely in the eye of the beholder. For a friend of mine a "hot" guy is one who looks like a geek. Another won't touch a boy with tattoos, while a third will only go for a guy with extensive tattoos
    Frequent,
    Thanks for your interesting comments.

I always like to get to know --and chat a bit-- with the owners of the restaurants and other places I patronize. In Europe, the U.S., Japan, I have often gotten to know the owners.

By the way: Isn't the owner of Dream Boys, German, NOT Swedish? And does anyone know whether or not this go-go bar is still in operation? How many go go guys now work there and are available?

Yes, yes, there are great differences in what might be considered "hot. In the past, Dream Boys always had at least a couple of really hot guys.

6. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (August 10th, 2018)

Liked

" ... our trips to Soi Twilight (at least in my case) occur infrequently and because we're hosting a visiting friend who wants to go ... "
    "Hosting a visiting friend"? How twee is that?
    (Right, I've used that adjective twice now in two weeks, and apologies are necessary). Voltaire (Frequency's alter ego -- way ahead of Freud) had no friends either but still found himself constantly in some kind of ghastly Trumpian style Friends-Only-Rally all the time, continually being hoisted on one's own holiday petards... but thus goes history.

But where was I? Ah, yes, I agree ... Pattaya is certainly unique in it's sex-residents seeming necessity to run around with visiting newbies showing them The Scene: i.e. Big Cock Shows; Fuck Shows; Cum-In-My-Mouth Shows; Sit-On-My-Face Shows; Chuk Wow Shows (strictly for shy Mormons and lonely wombats); and, worst of all, Morlum Music Bars where Irish sex tourists insist that every Thai guy is 100% available simply because he's standing next to him at the urinal and taking a longish look at YOUR pathetic little cock.

At any rate... carry on with your friends (who may, or may not, exist).
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    where Irish sex tourists insist that every Thai guy is 100% available simply because he's standing next to him at the urinal and taking a longish look at YOUR pathetic little cock.
    God someone's in good form today it seems - NOT. And Colmx ! FFS ! What have I told you about running around those Morlam bars with your cock out ! You'll be getting us as bad a name as those Canadians FFS ! ( I had to stop and check that wasn't me there for a minute but no, I haven't been in a morlam bar in a LONG time ......plus my cock is delightful....well adequate I think was actually the word ( so I'm told) so, nope, couldn't possibly be me for once. PS .....it IS Pattaya.....so lets face it every Thai guy there IS probably 100% available - its more just a matter of when, how and for how much anyway ! Other places in Thailand of course not, pattaya.....well......

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Werner..I will give you some straight forward answers without going into long excessive oblique English, which may not be your native language. Some people seem to think this is a Readers Digest forum...

Answer ..I was there last week. Most places open. Some moved to Patpong. Many boys available. Dreamboys open....OK!
    Visit...

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (August 11th, 2018), werner (August 11th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    And Colmx ! FFS ! What have I told you about running around those Morlam bars with you cock out !
    It can't be me either, I always go to the cubicles as I'm shy when people stare at my tiny cock!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    It can't be me either,

Well, that only leaves one other culprit then doesn't it .........so, it seems if he's not in Soi Twilight ( last week) he's out flashing his (tiny ?)....no sorry just checked....pathetic little cock about .......Gerefan ! I was going to say you should be ashamed......but hell it's pattaya so really no need to be as they've all done much worse I'm SURE.....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You handsome man...you have big cock.,,,

So many people have told me....they cant all be wrong surely?

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (August 11th, 2018), Nirish guy (August 11th, 2018), paborn (August 11th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Gerefan ! I was going to say you should be ashamed......
    I never even knew Gerefan was Irish!
    I do recall dragging both Joe252 and Ronan The Barbarian to both a Morlam concert on Soi 3 and Sinlapin Issan afterwards in January... so it could be one of those two dastardly guttersnipes!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!