List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what is happening at Soi Twilight?

Liked

Re: So, what is happening at Soi Twilight?

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    Now from your position half way around the world you criticize OTHERS who have caused the decline of Sunee?
    How about those who have been in the bar several times in the last week.
    Is your situation of not having visited for {how many years?} placing you at fault, rather that those here that try and put some cash over the bar
    Sept 2016 was the last time I visited (sorry if that doesn't meet your criteria for being allowed to express an opinion) and furthermore I won't be back anytime soon.

My life situation has changed, I've visited almost 20 times already, and all I hear of now is prices going up and the "entertainment" going down. I'm not wealthy but I could afford to visit next week if I wanted to - I just no longer want to. "Been there, Done it, Bought the T Shirt" as they say.

But you've now (predictably) gone into ultra defensive mode. I'm not "blaming" anybody, I'm merely pointing out that the "people living here" are clearly not able to sustain the entertainment venues, they need the additional spending power of tourists and regular visitors.

To turn round and tell those regular visitors and tourists that their opinions are worthless is kind of shooting yourselves in the foot, would you not agree?

The mere fact that certain individuals have chosen to live in (or in some cases permanently fled to) Pattaya/BKK/Thailand does not give them any "superiority" no matter how they might wish it to be so

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (August 6th, 2018), llz (August 6th, 2018), paborn (August 6th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Go on lonely, send him one of your famous snotty PMs. You know you want to

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 6th, 2018), scottish-guy (August 6th, 2018)

Liked

And to think not that long ago they were planning to have a nice breakfast together. Oh well.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Go on lonely, send him one of your famous snotty PMs. You know you want to
    You are the only snotty PM I can know of . And you certainly earnt that many times over
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (August 6th, 2018), gerefan2 (August 8th, 2018)

Liked

Prices are affordable for the tourist,,they have their amount figured in their trip...for the residents of Thailand....this is actually to me,,,getting out of reach to enjoy several times a week...it is in my opinion getting really pricey.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Is there some new policy that only those who are actually in situ at any precise moment may comment on that location?
    it would probably help to require at least minimal contact with reality

bkkguy

10. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (August 8th, 2018)

Liked

Since when was anything involving gogo boys, bar boys or any form of commercial sex in Pattaya in any way related to reality - it's all a (paid for) illusion and if/when his money runs out Joe Punter is brought down to earth with an almighty bump (there's that balcony scenario again!)

12. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (August 7th, 2018)

Liked

I think Sglad is capable of defending himself. However, I wonder if anyone has read what he, actually, said? I reference to some photos of a buiness in Soi Twilight putting out signs that they plan to be there for 6 years. There was some discussions as to the accuracy of the sign and Sglad made the point that the business was combating all the rumours and innuendo which are disasterous for any business.

Given the cost and effort of farang visiting Thailand it seems a reasonable comment to me and whether one is in Thailand or not I have seen no post with creditable knowledge of the lease situation.

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (August 7th, 2018), kittyboy (August 6th, 2018)

Liked

Rumours and innuendo are what we do here. Once hard and fast facts stick their unwelcome nose in we all soon lose interest.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    Prices are affordable for the tourist,,they have their amount figured in their trip...for the residents of Thailand....this is actually to me,,,getting out of reach to enjoy several times a week...it is in my opinion getting really pricey.
    I assure you that speaking as a tourist things in some places in Thailand are gettting really pricey for us too !

Indeed I know I can spend twice as long and spend half as much and get laid three times more in other places in SE asia than I do in Thailand now and that ( for me anyway) is and was a fact.

I still go to Thailand for old time sake and yes as there are still many cute guys about etc. However you are correct that pricing in some venues now is getting prohibitive - and not because I can't afford it, just that I'm conciously choosing NOT to now pay "any price they think of" to enjoy their establishments any longer.

I think the last go go bar I walked out of in Soi twlight two weeks ago quoted me 500 or 550 baht for entry - and that was before I bought a beer - screw that - show or not - and I told them so in no uncertain terms as I turned around to leave without entering. Staff members that I'd been drinking with previously told me when I came striaght out again that they believed they could charge that figure as the rich Chinese would and DID pay it, but as I told them - "look inside your bar, the place is almost empty and that's at 10.30pm on a Friday night !"

That should really tell them all they need to know. But hey Thai logic was in full play of course, i.e "no customers ? Ok put prices up to pay for bar !" Good luck with that says I - and perhaps THAT'S just one of the reasons that Soi Twilight is dying on it's arse of late.

17. 5 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (August 6th, 2018), frequent (August 7th, 2018), gerefan2 (August 8th, 2018), llz (August 6th, 2018), paborn (August 6th, 2018)