List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: So, what is happening at Soi Twilight?

Liked

Re: So, what is happening at Soi Twilight?

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I can best judge the German guy from my own experiences with him.

When I first saw him I thought, What a miserable old bastard! Here he was, running a very successful bar in Thailand and raking in the money, yet always looking unhappy and unapproachable.

So one night I decided to approach him. I asked him, in German, how he was going and what business was like. To my surprise he engaged with me in conversation and we had a very enjoyable chat.

I wasn't looking for friendship; rather, I was interested in what it was like to run a business in Thailand.

And that's why I used to sit and chat with Neal outside Happy Place in Pattaya. It was more of a monologue with Neal doing all the talking, but I found his stories about the trials and tribulations of running a gay bar fascinating.

And unlike the German, who has always been very interested in my life and has asked me many questions, Neal never asked me a single question - it was all about him.

I take people as they come and consider myself to be non-judgemental - until the bullshit starts. To me, he comes across as very genuine.

I also tend to trust people. Ok, I got it wrong with Neal but we live and learn.

So as far as I'm concerned, the German is a really nice, friendly guy. That may be because I don't go up to him and constantly complain about the over-priced drinks in Dreamboys. I also know he's suffering various serious health problems - nothing to smile about, I'd imagine.

But I'm guessing here.

I also remember a conversation I had a few years ago with a guy who worked at Dreamboys and he described him as "a good boss. Good heart".

So who knows?
    a447,

Thanks for writing in some detail.

I feel very, very bad about having made some derogatory remarks about the owner of Dream Boys. I would like to apologize to him and to his friends.

He has run an interesting and successful bar that I have visited many times. Perhaps when I approached him to say hello, he just was very busy or in a bad mood.

If and when I visit the bar again, I will apologize to him personally if he is there. I hope that he will accept my sincere apology.

P.S. I wonder if he and the other owners/managers of the gay venues read this forum.....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    So whats happening on Soi Twilight...get back to the original post..not politics
    If anyone has news about what is happening at Soi Twilight, please reply!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    I see the greengrocer's apostrophe is still alive and well
    Apparently it even survives chemicals which kill 99.9% of everything else:

OMG.jpg

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (August 13th, 2018), christianpfc (August 14th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Apparently it even survives chemicals which kill 99.9% of everything else
    Such as RoundUp? What an an unfortunate name. It always reminds me of that line from the Two Ronnies about the Sheepdog Bra - "rounds them up and points them in the right direction" (one for you, poshglasgow)

6. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (August 13th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
    I feel very, very bad about having made some derogatory remarks about the owner of Dream Boys. I would like to apologize to him and to his friends.

He has run an interesting and successful bar that I have visited many times. Perhaps when I approached him to say hello, he just was very busy or in a bad mood.

If and when I visit the bar again, I will apologize to him personally if he is there. I hope that he will accept my sincere apology. .
    That's a very generous gesture on your behalf but perhaps an apology is not needed. Up to you.

And judging from the accounts given here by other members he can, at times, be unpleasant.

I was simply pointing out that he has always been nice to me and treated me with respect.

Your point about him running a successful bar is valid; he has somehow managed to prosper when so many others have failed and I respect his business acumen, which has provided us with so much fun over the years.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (August 13th, 2018), paborn (August 13th, 2018), werner (August 18th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Opinions swing between SFA (Sweet Fuck All) and FIIK (Fucked If I Know)
    actually on discussion forums it is usually knowledge that swings between SFA and FIIK, while opinions - even when based on such knowledge - are usually much more explicitly expressed, this has been particularly so when discussing the best "solution" for the Twilight venues for when the soi is re-developed next week/month/year/decade

bkkguy

Liked

So is soi Twilight still open and good for to find twink boys?

Liked

As usual this goes off topic again..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bastrecht View Post
    Yes

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bastrecht View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Yes
    yes Blueskytoday I can see why you want to stay on topic - it's just so riveting

bkkguy

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (August 24th, 2018), gerefan2 (August 25th, 2018), paborn (August 24th, 2018)