List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: So, what is happening at Soi Twilight?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: So, what is happening at Soi Twilight?

Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
    I will ignore the owner..
    Which is EXACTLY the action he actively seeks and encourages.

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 14th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    ..some people think this forum is a training ground for the Booker Prize...
    Hooker prize would be more apposite

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Which is EXACTLY the action he actively seeks and encourages.
    Actually, my experience of him is the exact opposite.

I've always found him very charming and very chatty, despite his somewhat dour appearance. He's a really nice guy with lots of interesting stories to tell.

He has hardly lived in Germany, having moved to Sweden when he was a child. He has led an unusual life and if you give him the time, he'll tell you all about it.

He'll also give you the low-down on doing business in Thailand and its many pitfalls.

If I'm in Soi Twilight I'll often go up and say hello. It also gives me a chance to practise my German as these days I rarely get the chance to speak it.

5. 4 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (August 12th, 2018), frequent (August 12th, 2018), paborn (August 12th, 2018), werner (August 12th, 2018)

Liked

Good for you. We get out of relationships what we are willing to put in.

7. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (August 12th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    If I'm in Soi Twilight I'll often go up and say hello. It also gives me a chance to practise my German as these days I rarely get the chance to speak it.
    So who do you practise your English with?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Actually, my experience of him is the exact opposite.

I've always found him very charming and very chatty, despite his somewhat dour appearance. He's a really nice guy with lots of interesting stories to tell.

He has hardly lived in Germany, having moved to Sweden when he was a child. He has led an unusual life and if you give him the time, he'll tell you all about it.

He'll also give you the low-down on doing business in Thailand and its many pitfalls.

A447, Thanks for your insights and info. I should NOT be so critical of the owner of Dream Boys--perhaps I somehow inadvertently offended him.

Banned
    Liked

A447, Thanks for your insights and info. I should NOT be so critical of the owner of Dream Boys--perhaps I somehow inadvertently offended him.
    And as you can see, he is a German - but also a Swede - hence the confusion

Forum's veteran
    Liked

--perhaps I somehow inadvertently offended him.
    I wouldn’t worry too much about that as if you did it seems that youre one of many as the guy isn’t known for charm and outgoing going personality perhaps and A447s experiences with him are I’m guessing the exception rather than the norm.

Going back to the point at the start of thread though I’m more surprised why you’d even bother trying to befriend either him or any busy bar city centre bar owner as surely other than being polite with you ( which isn’t even the case always with this particular guy it seems) surely any interaction would only be superficial and one of just going through the motions for them and you might as well just talk to a bar boy and have the usual “what your name, how long you stay Thailand” conversation for all it means ?

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (August 12th, 2018), werner (August 12th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I wouldn’t worry too much about that as if you did it seems that youre one of many as the guy isn’t known for charm and outgoing going personality perhaps and A447s experiences with him are I’m guessing the exception rather than the norm.

Going back to the point at the start of thread though I’m more surprised why you’d even bother trying to befriend either him or any busy bar city centre bar owner as surely other than being polite with you ( which isn’t even the case always with this particular guy it seems) surely any interaction would only be superficial and one of just going through the motions for them and you might as well just talk to a bar boy and have the usual “what your name, how long you stay Thailand” conversation for all it means ?

Thanks for your comments.

I still do not understand why the owner of Dream Boys has been curt and cold to me. Through the years, I have gone to the bar at least 30 times, and have offed at least 10 guys -- all have provided excellent service.

Perhaps the owner was offended because I started a conversation with him in German. Maybe he considers himself Swedish and does not want to be reminded of his German origins. [I should NOT generalize, but some Germans seem to have all sorts of hang-ups about their nationality and country.]

Several forum members have questioned why I would want to be friendly and chatty with a bar owner. Maybe this is because I come from a small Swiss town, where I always knew the owners of the restaurants and shops I patronized.

I should note that owners of several gay venues in Thailand have been most gracious and friendly.
    --The owner of Coffee Boy in Chiangmai, where I once stayed for 4 or 5 days, was very chatty and friendly, and provided detailed information about the local gay scene and his staff.
    --The elegant owner of the [now closed?] host bar Adam & Eve in Pattaya was extremely gracious and friendly the several times I visited her bar. She [is this the correct pronoun?] provided detailed and accurate information about the guys who worked in the venue. She even gave me her telephone number and told me to call if I ever needed any information or help. As I recall, she spoke good English and decent French....
    --The half-Japanese, half Thai owner of the the [now closed] Masuda Superlex bar always tried to be friendly and helpful even though we didn't speak a common language, but he specifically asked his British transgender mama-san to help me. [What ever happened to her? She later worked at Midnight Cowboys....]

This is the service I expect from venues I patronize. This is the service that is offered at shops and restaurants in my small Swiss hometown, at least to people that speak French, preferably with a Swiss accent.

--

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (August 12th, 2018), scottish-guy (August 12th, 2018), Tintin (August 13th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I still do not understand why the owner of Dream Boys has been curt and cold to me. --
    Because sometimes some people are just ignorant cunts and have no manners or wish to interact with others - surely having reached your age in life you've experienced this before, it really cant be a first for you - is it ?

As my thai friends would say "maybe you tink too much" - just take people as you find them, if you're nice to them and they're nice to you great but if not ( for whatever reason) simply move on and don't let them or whatever they've got going on in their lives bother you ( so much apparently)

16. User who gave Like to post:

werner (August 12th, 2018)