List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what is happening at Soi Twilight?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: So, what is happening at Soi Twilight?

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    I have a fear of gay activities in a Muslim country.
    I think your fears are probably well grounded in most cases, however Bali is a different story as it's considered the "holiday island" of Indonesia and things are a LOT more relaxed there and a blind eye is turned to most gay activities ( as long as they dont rock the boat too much) but same sex couples etc are very much the norm and accepted there without any problem, Likewise the locals ( who mainly ARENT from Bali at all but some there from other Indonesian cities either on holiday or to work and as they too also realise that things are more relaxed there in relation to gay sex etc they then also actively go there for fun with Bules (white guys) too - hence the ease and availablity for fun should one desire it.
    Last edited by christianpfc; August 14th, 2018 at 23:03. Reason: fix quote

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (August 7th, 2018), paborn (August 7th, 2018)

Liked

I hang out in Twilight 5-6 nights a week. It is the middle of low season. Gonna be slow.
    If someone at a gogo quoted 500 before drink, there was a language issue or doorman was wrong. Entrance fees aren’t charged that don’t include a drink. This price would have to be Dreamboys, and I gave hard time believing they are empty on a Friday night. X-Boys dropped their drink prices to 350 several months ago.

Much of the issues with Twilight seem like rumors and it is. But it’s the owners of the construction project working with the owners of Twilight businesses who are making the decisions and very few know what’s going on behind closed doors, except the owners.

You can get flights from New York and LA for as low as $600 starting in September when fall and winter rates take place.

The national pastime on these forums is complaining about the prices, but everyone seems to keep coming back.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oceans View Post
    I hang out in Twilight 5-6 nights a week. It is the middle of low season. Gonna be slow.
    Totally accept that.

If someone at a gogo quoted 500 before drink, there was a language issue or doorman was wrong. Entrance fees aren’t charged that don’t include a drink. This price would have to be Dreamboys, and I gave hard time believing they are empty on a Friday night.
    You're right it was of course Dreamboys and no the 500 ( or 550 actually I seem to recall actually!) WAS the figure as that's what took me back a bit in thinking "WHAT". And whilst I normally would agree with you about the beer included thing I actually didn't see anything mentioning that on the sign - but I concede that could well have been the case. Re empty or not I'm speaking generally and whilst there may have been half a dozen people dotted around that was it and it certainly wasn't what we'd be used to in there, the Soi itself was almost EMPTY too and again that was on a Friday night - but as you say low season so perhaps not so surprising - but how long can we all keep using that "low season" answer when it's now a case of "high season" being about 6 or 8 weeks a year and the rest of the year being more like low season perhaps.

The national pastime on these forums is complaining about the prices, but everyone seems to keep coming back.
    Yep, you're correct there also and that same conversation has been going for as long as the board has it seems and I doubt that'll change and yes many of us go back - and why not as there are of course lots of cute guys and it IS a holiday and not our usual every day lifes so a change there is always welcome - BUT - many of us now go other places as well and speaking personally I now only go about a quarter as much as I used to to Thailand and do go elsewhere instead and no matter what way we cut it that IS cheaper for me ( and every bit as enjoyable if not more so) - so will I stop going to Thailand, no probably not but will I go MORE, no, definitely not - and there in lies the problem for the bar owners I'm guessing ( not that I presume for a second that they give a fiddlers shit for me or my money of course as I do realise my business means nothing to them - except when their bars are lying half empty perhaps ?

Banned
    Liked

Well, not everyone.....

Liked

Self-evidently not - or the bars (which are left) wouldn't be half empty, as is being widely reported

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Totally accept that.

Yep, you're correct there also and that same conversation has been going for as long as the board has it seems and I doubt that'll change and yes many of us go back - and why not as there are of course lots of cute guys and it IS a holiday and not our usual every day lifes so a change there is always welcome - BUT - many of us now go other places as well and speaking personally I now only go about a quarter as much as I used to to Thailand and do go elsewhere instead and no matter what way we cut it that IS cheaper for me ( and every bit as enjoyable if not more so) - so will I stop going to Thailand, no probably not but will I go MORE, no, definitely not - and there in lies the problem for the bar owners I'm guessing ( not that I presume for a second that they give a fiddlers shit for me or my money of course as I do realise my business means nothing to them - except when their bars are lying half empty perhaps ?
    Exactly, I did a trip report about Santo Domingo recently. Not what it used to be, but my old hustler friend acts as my "personal shopper" and I have a wonderful time. (90 minutes by air from Florida, reasonable airfare, airbnbn at great prices. It costs a lot less than Bangkok. Still I long to return, just not as often as I used to.

Liked

.Minimee wrote.
    "Well, not everyone....."

One trip in 10 years can still make one an expert with an opinion on everything, apparently.

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

lonelywombat (August 7th, 2018), Oliver2 (August 7th, 2018), paborn (August 7th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    Maybe sglad should indicate where he is living at the moment. I have been in Pattaya for a month but doubt you are.
    This thread is about Soi Twilight. So what if SGLAD is not in Bangkok......neither are you as your own post clearly states that you are in Pattaya so Twilight is not exactly on your doorstep for nightly shenanigans.

This type of unnecessary and catty comment perhaps explains why you are LONELYWOMBAT and not just WOMBAT.
    Last edited by christianpfc; August 14th, 2018 at 23:07. Reason: fix quote

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (August 7th, 2018), paborn (August 7th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

To be fair to The Wombat (and looking forward to another PM from him), sglad recently started a thread called "Where is Traveler Jim?". Perhaps Lonely is a particular chum of TJ's and is merely engaging in some sort of pay back?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    There's a long thread on Soi Twilight on Gaybutton's forum:
    Hopefully, when I go there to check out this thread I, don't throw up. Anything dealing with him makes me sick
    Will Rogers said, "I never met a man I didn't like", but he never met Donald Trump.